Es 350 Without Any Options?

Alex DeLarge

I am considering buying a Lexus ES 350 but I really don't want any of the option packages. I just want a base model. My local dealer told me they would have to special order one from the factory and it would take 3-5 months. Does anyone know if that is really true? Does Lexus really not build any base only models?

Thanks,

Alex

yes, that is true. What you are describing includes cloth seats. At a mininun, I would recommend the (base) option package - about $1800. Otherwise any resale value is in the tank.

Thanks for the reply. I talked to Lexus support and they only said they only have leather seats in the 2008 models. Cloth was standard in the 2007 models though. I loved the smooth quiet ride of the ES 350 but none of the options in the least loaded car they had does anything for me. I hate to pay an additional $2300 for options which I don't care about. But your point about resale is a good one.

Thanks again,

Alex

I am considering buying a Lexus ES 350 but I really don't want any of the option packages. I just want a base model. My local dealer told me they would have to special order one from the factory and it would take 3-5 months. Does anyone know if that is really true? Does Lexus really not build any base only models?

Thanks,

Alex

The cars that dealers use for loaners are base models but the dealers dont order any for sale

because they make a lot more money on cars that have the packages.

Also this is a trick that a lot of manufactors use that is they advertise the base price of car to

gain your intrest knowing full well that they dont plan on the base model being widely available.