Paint Hardness?

What is the hardness of the clearcoat on my Matador Mica Red 06 IS 250? Is it considered to be a harder or softer paint? I know for certain it is not as hard as my wife's 04 Nissan Murano or the newer model Mercedes Benzes with their Ceramiclear finishes. Knowing will help me choose the best polish or compound to remove scratches and swirl marks from this winter's abuse.

What is the hardness of the clearcoat on my Matador Mica Red 06 IS 250? Is it considered to be a harder or softer paint? I know for certain it is not as hard as my wife's 04 Nissan Murano or the newer model Mercedes Benzes with their Ceramiclear finishes. Knowing will help me choose the best polish or compound to remove scratches and swirl marks from this winter's abuse.

In general, Lexus paint is soft.

Lexus is butter compared to MB, porche etc. How does winter cause swirls???

Lexus is butter compared to MB, porche etc. How does winter cause swirls???

Spider-webbing and fine scratches would be more accurate.

Winter doesn't cause those things, improper paint care techniques cause those things. Its easier to swirl and scratch a car in the winter because of abrasive road salt, but its not impossible..or even that difficult..to keep them from happening.

i agreed.. its not about winter.. its how u take care of ur paint.. ^^^^

lexus paint is so soft.. it will chip real easily.. espically alot of rock chips on my front bumper from everyday driving on interstate...

why did lexus make such a nice vehicle with *BLEEP*ty paint.. I dont know.