Just Got 12 Disc Cd Changer

My dad ordered a new Head unit, amp, and 12 cd changer for our 92 Sc400, i just got it in today and i want to see if lexus put the harness for the cd player into the trunk even though my car never came with one, where should i look for it, and could 2 people install the head unit by ourselves if the wiring harness is in for the trunk? thanks for all the feedback. will post pics if wanted.

My dad ordered a new Head unit, amp, and 12 cd changer for our 92 Sc400, i just got it in today and i want to see if lexus put the harness for the cd player into the trunk even though my car never came with one, where should i look for it, and could 2 people install the head unit by ourselves if the wiring harness is in for the trunk? thanks for all the feedback. will post pics if wanted.

You have to remove the trunk liner on the passenger side and search around behind the back seat and/or the rear wheel well inside the trunk. If it is prewired then it is plug and play. One person can install it in 1-2 hrs. Keep us posted. I can get you a wiring harness if the car is not prewired. :cheers:

ok, just got back, looked around pretty thoroughly, couldnt find any wires not connected to anything, so for one of the wirings that you say you can get me, can i install it by myself with my dad and is it just from the cd changer to the head unit?

The cd changer and amplifier both mount in the trunk, In the passenger side wheel well.The wiring harness runs through the rear of the backseat and under the door sills and ends up under the dash and behind the headunit. Yes, You and your dad can install it.

how much for the harness?

Sorry, After further investigation there is no way to install an oem cd changer in a non-cd sc. The grounds are totally different and the amp burns up when the car is non-cd from the factory. Again, Sorry. Your better off going 100% aftermarket. :(