Timing Belt Mileage On Ls 400 1993

Daniel N (Denmark)

Hi, and hello from Denmark. Great forumsite.. ;)

I've recently bought a LS400 1993 with 199.000Km on it (Approx. 125.000miles). I've heard differrent opinions about how long the timing belt can last. Have read somewhere at every 90.000miles? My car got the timing belt changed at 102.000Km (Approx. 64.000miles) was that to early or do I need to change the timing belt now?

Thanks,

Daniel N.

Hi, and hello from Denmark. Great forumsite.. ;)

I've recently bought a LS400 1993 with 199.000Km on it (Approx. 125.000miles). I've heard differrent opinions about how long the timing belt can last. Have read somewhere at every 90.000miles? My car got the timing belt changed at 102.000Km (Approx. 64.000miles) was that to early or do I need to change the timing belt now?

Thanks,

Daniel N.

Yes, 64k is early, 90k is reccomended. You can easily put on another 30k before replacing TB again.

Welcome to the club :cheers:

you're also fortunate to be driving a pre-95. If your timing belt does go you're not in any danger of your engine imploding, unlike later engines. There's MUCH less danger in putting it off in the GenI's

30k, easily.

My original went from 0----->132,000 miles over the course of 15 years.

you're also fortunate to be driving a pre-95. If your timing belt does go you're not in any danger of your engine imploding, unlike later engines. There's MUCH less danger in putting it off in the GenI's

30k, easily.

Sounds great.. :)

Thanks for the replies.

Looking forward to being part of this Lexus club. Its hard to get information about Lexus in Denmark, europe generelly :angry:

30k, easily.

Sounds great.. :)

Thanks for the replies.

Looking forward to being part of this Lexus club. Its hard to get information about Lexus in Denmark, europe generelly :angry:

Anytime we can help, Don't be shy :lol: These forums are very informative and useful. ;)