Swirled Paint

i took my 460l to lexus for a simple buff of a small passenger door scratch. the scratch seemed to disappear but when the sun hit the door i found that the paint was severely swirled.also they washed it,and iv'e got spider scratches all over. the car is 2 weeks old and has 500 miles on it.i want to cry.what do i do?i know black gets dirty but this is unbelievable.i trusted lexus to treat my car with respect!last time i ever take anything to the last appointment on a friday!!!!

What do you do? Walk on to the sales floor of the dealership and start raising your voice VERY LOUD about the lack of quality service you've gotten!!!

I'm sure management will be there in a flash to take care of you concerns.

Much of the bonuses for Dealership employees are based on customer satisfaction. You've got tremendous leverage with that. Lexus corporate would very much like to know which dealerships do or don't live up to the "...pursuit of perfection." I complained once with my first Lexus, and the owner of the dealership made things happen very fast -- and to my satisfaction.

You can also contact: 1-800-255-3987 and tell them about your quality concerns. This is Lexus, not Ford or Chevy.

Good Luck!

You've learned a valuable lesson.

Never EVER let the dealership wash the car or touch the paint again.

Dealership wash bays are notorious for dirty towels, nasty brushes. I've seen dealer wash guys wash cars with BROOMS.

Ask the dealer for a check to have a professional detailer, a trusted one that you choose from referrals, polish and seal the paint. DO NOT LET THE DEALER TRY AND FIX IT.

The good news is its easy for your or a professional to fix with the right tools and techniques.

And next time its at the dealer, DEMAND they not wash the car. Its not just Lexus, its all car dealerships.

Dealership wash bays are notorious for dirty towels, nasty brushes. I've seen dealer wash guys wash cars with BROOMS.

Ask the dealer for a check to have a professional detailer, a trusted one that you choose from referrals, polish and seal the paint. DO NOT LET THE DEALER TRY AND FIX IT.

The good news is its easy for your or a professional to fix with the right tools and techniques.

And next time its at the dealer, DEMAND they not wash the car. Its not just Lexus, its all car dealerships.

I believe you ! my "rep" said everything will be addressed,but talking to the body guy he had a b.s.

statement accusing jm lexus of covering up the f** up. i cant believe i would get this treatment.

i dont want to name dealerships,but look at my location.i am not going to let them make it worse..

i would not want this to happen 10000$ car or an 87000 car!!!!!!!

I believe you ! my "rep" said everything will be addressed,but talking to the body guy he had a b.s.

statement accusing jm lexus of covering up the f** up. i cant believe i would get this treatment.

i dont want to name dealerships,but look at my location.i am not going to let them make it worse..

i would not want this to happen 10000$ car or an 87000 car!!!!!!!

i'm sorry ,he blamed the blemish on filler wax,which is mute,the car came off the boat with 7 miles on it.margate treated me beautifly,when you spend this kind of money or even if you spend less!!

buying a car should be a pleasurable expeience!!!