Your Hybrid's Color ~ Why?

Had a white 2004 RX330, which was a beautiful color. When I went to trade it in, I wanted a white 2006 RX400h. Sitting on the dealer's floor was a Bamboo Pearl RX400h with everything I wanted, and I fell in love with it immediately. Needless to say, white left ther equation. The Bamboo Pearl is a very subtle color. Some people don't even realize it's green. They think it's silver.

I thought the Brandywine Mica was a much richer looking color than the Matador Red. I think I would choose it for my next RX, but I wouldn't say no to a good deal on a Matador Red RX.

I just took delivery of my 08 RX 400h in Brandywine Mica earlier this month and I love the color, I considered the the Matador Red Mica too, but it was too red and not enough metal flake for me, however I agree it would have been my second choice.

post-50281-1206891772_thumb.jpg

Whoooah !!

I thought brandywine Mica & Matador were the same. THAT's what MY spouse lusts for. That's a great pic! I'm sending it to the boss right now. She'll turn 3 shades of green :P

THANKS! I saw the color on a RX 350 in August last year at the dealer before I ordered, he said he orders that color a lot and frequently they get hijacked at the port by other dealers that have customers wanting it. I guess when a dealer orders a car it is fair game at the port/in transit unless it is already sold like a special order?

You guys all got to *choose* your color?

AFAICT, as soon as they arrive off the boat in Seattle, you take what they tell you they have <_<

We went to the dealer so my wife could test drive one, not intending to buy that day. As I was walking in I saw a new Matador Red Mica out front and immediately knew that would be our color IF we bought one. I also checked a Brandywine one they had there but liked the Matador better. They happened to have a Matador Red in stock and we drove it home that day.

• 2 weeks later...
Our '08 400 is Matador Red. As soon as I saw it at the dealer, I said WOW, that's what were getting. Fortunately the real decision maker agreed.

I dont know why but the Matador Red looks off in some pictures, I think this is a better representation of the color. only too bad it wasnt a littel brighter the day I took the picture.

My first post; we got brandywine mica on our 2008. which sort of reminds me of a 'Crown Royal' color. It looks great when it is clean!! The 400h replaced our 2001 RX300; which was the best car we have ever owned.

My first post; we got brandywine mica on our 2008. which sort of reminds me of a 'Crown Royal' color. It looks great when it is clean!! The 400h replaced our 2001 RX300; which was the best car we have ever owned.

Welcome tommygunn! I've only had Crown Royal once. And I thought Crown Royal was more of a honey color, like most other whiskeys. No? But anyway the Brandywine IS now the favorite of both my wife & I. It wasn't available on the 400h when it came out in 06' unfortunately for us.

Brandywine IS a beautiful color, kind of like a darker version of the magnetic red II color of my Corvette. Both look stunning in the sun.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I bought my 2006 Bamboo Pearl the second week that the Hybrids were on sale, in April 2005. It took me until the following August to take delivery! I was the 84th hybrid they sold, and they said that only 5% of the vehicles were in bamboo pearl, even though it's a very popular color. LIT is an odd colour, and there are days I love it, and days I hate it.

We bought ours as a demo, so beggars can't be choosers. But it was a unique color, with black interior. My wife and I both wanted black, after our metallic blue/tan interior from our 2001 Rx300 was difficult to keep clean on a consistent basis. The unique color though was awesome; until we found a neighbor a few blocks away who had a RX350 in the same color w/black interior!!!

Our 2003 RX was white on tan and the wife wanted a different color this time around.

I tried to push her toward the Dark Grey mica (Flint Mica I believe Lexus called it) but she fell in love with the Silver that was on the 400h we test drove and she preferred it.

She also LOVES the light grey leather...not negotiable.

Millennium Silver on Light-Grey leather it is!