Wet Headliner 91 Ls400

stroker

First time for this..Last night we had torrential rain here in South Florida, and this morning I found my headliner just about saturated.. My car has been through hurricanes and has never leaked anywhere..The seals on the moonroof look like new and the seals on the roof and doors look in perfect shape..There was not any water on the seats or floor or anywhere, just on the headliner...What does anyone think about this..I'm baffled....Thank you all in advance for any and all input, Stroker

P.S. No water in the trunk either....

your drain pipes for sunroof are clogged. There are 4. 2 out of front corners and 2 from back. Pour water in those holes individually to determine which one is clogged.

Thanks Bali26, 2 in the front corners and 2 in the back...What do I use to unclog if I find them plugged?? Should I try to snake a wire or something thru the drains?? I dont have access to compressed air...

Thanks again, Stroker

I dont know what kind of wire will be appropriate. Maybe a stiff wire of some kind which can be pushed

What i did was get an old tire valve and attach a stiff narrow hose to it. This way I was able to use gas station air.

Thanks Bali26, Will try the gas station air hose solution the week, Thanks, Stroker

Try running some plastic weedeater line down the drain opening. This worked for me. The blockage seemed to be very close to the drain opening where the direction of the drain line changed from almost horizontal to more vertical.

Be careful with compessed air. You don't want to blow the drain tube off the sunroof assembly. Gas station compressed air usually has very high pressure.