Transmission Woes

ko90ls

Hello Everyone!

my transmission has stopped working. I dropped a friend off and went to put the car in gear and the car will not go forward. The drive gears would activate kinda slowly but i thought winter might be the cause. If i put it in reverse the car is fine but none of the drive gears work(D, 2, L). I took it to the place that replaced my transmission before to see if they could figure it out but they may not so i wanted to look for myself...

i found on Park Place Lexus under transmissions a drive gear for about $200. it is actually called the drive plate and here is the link:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...amp;catalogid=1

Has anyone had this problem and may this be the cure. If so i will get it ASAP.

Thanks For Any Help!

What level is the trans fluid showing? Is it still red?

You have an OBD 1 system, so plug in a shorting wire between TE1 and E1 then turn on the ignition. The faults codes should show you the problem, watch the OD light flashing. See www.Lexls.com site for code reading guide. Report back what its showing.

Tranny fluid was at the correct level. I just bought a case of T-4 fluid and only had 4 qts left so i assume the fluid is good. When my tranny died 2 years ago the car would not move in drive or reverse. Now when i put the car in reverse the car chomps at the bit, ready to move. but when i put it in drive it might as well be in neutral. This happens on all the drive gears, with or w/o OD. step on the gas and the RPMs shoot up, full of power....

Sorry the car is at the shop now so i cannot pull any codes. but as described above I think it could be the drive plate???? Anyone else agree or disagree. Also Lexus-Parts has a Tranny Gasket overhaul kit and two Tranny Overhaul kits. Think these may help.

happend to me. reverse worked but D didint. what happend was teeth from gears got torn off and blocked other gears.

yeah that is what i thought, something on the drive gears wasn't working properly. How was this fixed? did you just get a new tranny? did you see the link about the drive plate? It sounds like it may be what i'm looking for....

well in my case i had it rebuilt since gears were FUBAR. im not much of an expert when it comes to trannies. and btw, gears problem was on my old chrysler, not on the lex.