Help Something Wrong With My Sc300!

tiggere77

hi iam new here but anyways this is the problem i have an sc300 95model i love this car and i will keep it for ever and ever but one day my brother wash the engine and the car started to shake alot so i replaced the wires and the spark plugs myself.and the car now shakes and stalls,has low rpms and engine turns on,so i checked the engine and it gives me a code 31 which indicates airflow meter right. OK so i go to the junkyard and get an airflow meter off a 92 sc300 i put it on and my baby is still doing the samething except that the engine light does not turn on but still shakes and very low rpms and i dont want to drive the car like this because i know it will stall on me in the middle of the road somewhere so what do i do help me please i dont want to take it to the stealer. thanks richard :cries:

hi iam new here but anyways this is the problem i have an sc300 95model i love this car and i will keep it for ever and ever but one day my brother wash the engine and the car started to shake alot so i replaced the wires and the spark plugs myself.and the car now shakes and stalls,has low rpms and engine turns on,so i checked the engine and it gives me a code 31 which indicates airflow meter right. OK so i go to the junkyard and get an airflow meter off a 92 sc300 i put it on and my baby is still doing the samething except that the engine light does not turn on but still shakes and very low rpms and i dont want to drive the car like this because i know it will stall on me in the middle of the road somewhere so what do i do help me please i dont want to take it to the stealer. thanks richard :cries:

are you sure you put the wires on in the right order? sounds like your not hitting on all cylinders.

had something similar happen to me, mine was bad wires

ok, the first thing you have to do is dry off the essential parts. if you have a air hose, blow out as much air from the spark plugs and distributor cap. also blow some air around your MAF sensor near the airbox.

If you don't have a hose, you've gotta let it dry-off naturally-leave the bonnet up and let it out for some sunlight. If it's cold outside like it is around here, leave it in the garage and let it dry out by itself. eventually it will vaporize.

Well, the first thing I would do is open the hood. With the motor cold, start it, and let it idle for about 1 minute. Then shut it off, and go around a put your hand on each exhaust port of the header. They should be warm. If you feel a cold one, then that cylinder may not be getting ignition. If it's only one, you may just have a loose igntion wire, and simple need to check them, clean them, reconnect them, I'm not sure if your on a distributor or coil packs, but iether way, it's probably that. Maybe some water is trapped in there, or a coil pack went bad.

If it's not that, then go around the throttlebody and make sure you don't have any vacuume leaks, cracked hoses, or vacuume hoses that seem to go to nothing. He may have just knocked on of them off with the hose.

And if it's not that, then maybe pull your timing belt cover and check the belts, and check your knock sensor.

And just an afterthought, You might want to check the air intake and make sure it's not full of water or something. It may be that the car is sucking water in thru the intake and needs to work that out, and it's causing misfires.( I don't know how long you have had this issue, and what your brother did with the water hose exactly.)

• 1 month later...

The same thing happened to me after washing my 94 sc300 and after going through the same bd with replacing the airflow meter, distributor cap, and rotor it turned out to just be water that was sitting inside the top part of the motor down on top of where the spark plug wires meet the plugs.. i just had to take the 8 or so allen bolts out to remove the covers and use a blower tool that hooked up to an air hose and blow out the water from on top of the plugs there.. it almost totally cleared up immediately and then i drove it for about an hour with a slight miss and it went away.. car feels better than ever now..

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
Well, the first thing I would do is open the hood. With the motor cold, start it, and let it idle for about 1 minute. Then shut it off, and go around a put your hand on each exhaust port of the header. They should be warm. If you feel a cold one, then that cylinder may not be getting ignition. If it's only one, you may just have a loose igntion wire, and simple need to check them, clean them, reconnect them, I'm not sure if your on a distributor or coil packs, but iether way, it's probably that. Maybe some water is trapped in there, or a coil pack went bad.

If it's not that, then go around the throttlebody and make sure you don't have any vacuume leaks, cracked hoses, or vacuume hoses that seem to go to nothing. He may have just knocked on of them off with the hose.

And if it's not that, then maybe pull your timing belt cover and check the belts, and check your knock sensor.

And just an afterthought, You might want to check the air intake and make sure it's not full of water or something. It may be that the car is sucking water in thru the intake and needs to work that out, and it's causing misfires.( I don't know how long you have had this issue, and what your brother did with the water hose exactly.)

where is the knock sensor and how do i check it?