Heating Issues

I have a 2006 IS250. I have noticed when ever I am at a Stoplight the Heater starts throwing cold air. When the car starts moving the air warms back up. I have tried all sorts of combinations in the Climate Control but nothing works. Is this the way it is made to work or is it just mine??

I have a 2006 IS250. I have noticed when ever I am at a Stoplight the Heater starts throwing cold air. When the car starts moving the air warms back up. I have tried all sorts of combinations in the Climate Control but nothing works. Is this the way it is made to work or is it just mine??

If your coolant level is borderline it will throw cold air if you are not reving the engine like you would driving. Try reving it at the stoplight another 1,000 rpm for ten seconds and see if you get warm air.

I knew my water pump was leaking because I had the same symptoms. If you just winterized the car maybe they did not fill it up all the way or an air pocket gave them a false fill reading.

Worth a try, it is free and will not get your hands dirty! LOL.

"Bakersfield Wilson, it's from Bakersfield."

What movie does that reference to? Could not resist since the movie made a hero out of a porta potty.

Well at least you are a lot warmer in Bakersfield than us stuck in Michigan. :censored:

If you run the heater on "auto" it should switch to "recirculate" when you're stopped if it's not keeping the temp up to par.

It's easy to check the coolant. Just pop the hood and look at the plastic container behind the radiator. If you don't see coolant in there, go to Toyota and get Toyota Extra Long Life Coolant premix and fill that little tank about half full. After you drive some, check it again.