Ls400'92 - Red Economy Light

andre

hello guys,

have noticed recently that my economy light on dashbord ( under not too heavy acceleration )

comes on RED alot earlier then before and the kickdown is not as quick as earlier :((

any sugestions why?

regs

andre

hello guys,

have noticed recently that my economy light on dashbord ( under not too heavy acceleration )

comes on RED alot earlier then before and the kickdown is not as quick as earlier :((

any sugestions why?

regs

andre

also have noticed bit uneven work of the engine,

while traveling steadly at a speed in the 1500 -2000rpm range :(

any ideas why this is happening?

regs

Yes, please. A picture would be perfect. I don't think I've ever heard of an "economy" light in the LS before, at least over here on this side of the pond. Sounds like a wiring short in the switch on gear lever that we use for ECT settings...would be my guess. Like the car is telling him he is in econ mode, instead of pwr mode.

Seems to me that an economy light is usually nothing more than a vacuum gauge of sorts. If you were to have a vacuum leak, it would probably cause the light to illuminate prematurely. Such a leak could also cause loss of engine power. I think it gets cold in Poland which makes old vacuum hoses very hard and prone to leaking, espcially at the connection points. Spray a little starting fluid around the hoses when the car is running and you will know pretty quickly.

I think VBdenny is on the right track on this. I put a fuel economy gauge on my old dodge truck back in high school so I could see just how poor my gas mileage was. All most economy gauges are is a gauge connected to a vaccume line that is connected to the intake and measure economy off of that. If your line is cracked somewhere or you have a dirty intake it will give you a false reading. I ran into the same problem with the one I put on my truck the first winter after I installed it. My gauge never really read above a moderate fuel economy, even at idle. I checked the line and sure enough there was a small crack right where the line connected to gauge.

Seems to me that an economy light is usually nothing more than a vacuum gauge of sorts. If you were to have a vacuum leak, it would probably cause the light to illuminate prematurely. Such a leak could also cause loss of engine power. I think it gets cold in Poland which makes old vacuum hoses very hard and prone to leaking, espcially at the connection points. Spray a little starting fluid around the hoses when the car is running and you will know pretty quickly.

Hello VB,

I think you are preety close to it...

which are the vacum hoses that I should check?

-what about my second problem with uneven engine in the 1500-2000rpm range

regs

andre

ps.

I'll try to take and post some photos of the "economy" lights in the next few days...