Multiple Problems 94 Ls400 A/c, Trans, Idle

obe1canobie

Here are my symptoms for 94 ls 400

1 Struggles to start

2 when it does start, it idles high, about 2000 rpm's

3 A/C does not work

4 Trans does not shift. But will shift if I do it manually

5 check engine light is on

6 sensors do not appear to be responding. I've unplugged & replugged the mas. tps and a couple of others unknown sesors with no change

Everything happened at once.

I've taking it to a couple of the local mechanic shops that said that they could pull the codes for me but after taking it to them they were not able to acces the codes

What do you think?

ECU Maybe?

fast idle after start is normal, just give it few mins till it worms up and its going to be fine. what do you mean by shifting manually? try getting the codes out by yourself and post them here. by saying that your ac doesnt work do you mean it stops working intermittently or just does not work period? try checkin ur freon levels. how do u know that your tps sensor does not respond?

try cleaning your throttle body along with the sensor, u can use the toothbrush to do so. when it doesnt start you mean starter cranks the engine at normal speed but the engine fails to start? how many times do you have to try before it starts?

fast idle after start is normal, just give it few mins till it worms up and its going to be fine. what do you mean by shifting manually? try getting the codes out by yourself and post them here. by saying that your ac doesnt work do you mean it stops working intermittently or just does not work period? try checkin ur freon levels. how do u know that your tps sensor does not respond?

try cleaning your throttle body along with the sensor, u can use the toothbrush to do so. when it doesnt start you mean starter cranks the engine at normal speed but the engine fails to start? how many times do you have to try before it starts?

The idle does not come down at all. Even after driving it for a while. The trans does not shift when in the auto position. It is stuck in the OD position. It will shift if i shift it manaully. 1st then 2nd then drive then OD. The charge on the ac is fine. the pressure are normal. No matter what sensor i unplugg it does not make a diiference on the way the cars drive or idles. The cars is in I believe limp mode. The shops that I took the car to were not able to pull the codes. I was told that there is a problem with communicating with ecu.

this seems like a more serious problem, you should definetly check out the wire that Danny was talkin about. as to uncommunicative ECU, i would recommend going to the local autozone or pepboys store, they have the tools to get the codes out and i believe in certain areas they do it for free. it is always good to have a second opinion. the when you turn on the AC do you hear your clutch engaging?

• 5 months later...