94 Lexus Es 300 - Mass Air Flow Sensor

Having problems with my 94 ES300. Recently just shut off and checkengine light came on. Started back up but had problems keeping it running. When I put my foot on the gas it died and had to be towed in. The service center it's at has indicated that they believe it is the Mass Air Flow Sensor (OEM Part No. 22250-20030) however they cannot locate one and then if they could the cost is somewhere in the neighborhood of $900 for aftermarket and up. They said when it was put on the machine, no codes came up. I am concerned about paying this price and then findingout it was not the MAFS at all. Any help or input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lori

Having problems with my 94 ES300. Recently just shut off and checkengine light came on. Started back up but had problems keeping it running. When I put my foot on the gas it died and had to be towed in. The service center it's at has indicated that they believe it is the Mass Air Flow Sensor (OEM Part No. 22250-20030) however they cannot locate one and then if they could the cost is somewhere in the neighborhood of $900 for aftermarket and up. They said when it was put on the machine, no codes came up. I am concerned about paying this price and then findingout it was not the MAFS at all. Any help or input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lori

I think a failing Mass Airflow Sensor would trip some codes, but i'm no expert. However I do know that $900 is steep and you can probably find it for a lot cheaper. Try irontoad.com or even lexus-parts.com since you know the part number. They'll send you a price quote and they usually have a drastic reduction from the normal dealer markup. If the price is still too steep an aftermarket MAF from BECK/ARNLEY Part # 1570227 goes for about $340 from rockauto.com The most expensive one at rock auto is a little over $700 from airtex. If you do go for one from rock auto you can use this discount code.

Here's how to use it:

* Enter your code in the "How did you hear about us" line of the

shopping cart.

Goodluck with your repairs.

I have been online everywhere and because my car is production date 7/94 this part is very scarce for some reason - I'm finding parts with ending #'s of 20, 10 and even 40 but not 30 . I'll try what you've suggested and see if I have any luck. But, from what I'm being told, no codes come up when the car is put on the computer.

Lori

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

Lori

Ryan,

You can get one from the lexus dealer, OE for less than 900. 736.67 brand new from dealer. Try to call them to find out.

-NG.

• 1 month later...

I have one of these mass air sensors. They are attached to your airbox and the rubber intake hose. My part number is 22250-20030 and I have a 22250-20020. Either one shipped I will take $90. I accept paypal - hwy79ky@alltel.net. Contact me if interested.

Thanks,

Scott

www.hwy79auto.com

Thanks

Lori

Ryan,

You can get one from the lexus dealer, OE for less than 900. 736.67 brand new from dealer. Try to call them to find out.

-NG.