Avic-d2 With Factory Changer?

I had read that you can still use the factory cd changer with an aftermarket head unit, assuming the unit is Pioneer. So, I have a AVIC-D2 that I want to put in, and I was wondering if since I have the IP Bus ports, this will work? How do I control the changer? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just got this car today. The old ES300 is gone, and now I am rolling in a 1999 GS300 that I picked up with only 27,000 miles! Very happy with the car, the only thing it is lacking is my navigation unit :)

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the color coded wire pin out. I am looking at doing the d2 also. I have seen where you can use the cd changer if use cd/aux plug. It shows up on the face screen, sort of like an ipod. I would like instructions too. I also have instructions on how to remove the radio. Send me your email address and I will forward the files to you. I am at aseaver1@msn.com

I had read that you can still use the factory cd changer with an aftermarket head unit, assuming the unit is Pioneer. So, I have a AVIC-D2 that I want to put in, and I was wondering if since I have the IP Bus ports, this will work? How do I control the changer? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just got this car today. The old ES300 is gone, and now I am rolling in a 1999 GS300 that I picked up with only 27,000 miles! Very happy with the car, the only thing it is lacking is my navigation unit :)

Thanks!

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Congrats on your new Nav system. I have been looking at a few Nav, DVD systems for my 2002 gs300. My fear is that it comes out looking badly put together. It would be great to see how your install came out.

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Congrats on your new Nav system. I have been looking at a few Nav, DVD systems for my 2002 gs300. My fear is that it comes out looking badly put together. It would be great to see how your install came out.

I will certainly post some pics when it is finished.

I also would like to know how things turn out.... I was in a bad accident and totalled ou my 02 IS300, so i decided to upgrade a bit and just picked up 03 GS300, black w/ tan... i love it, only thing its missing, is rims, and of course the NAV system, and i have called all the Lexus dealers and they said if you have a non nav system tey will not put a nav system in. so looks like i am going to have to go with an aftermarket one..... please post pics and give any suggestions if possible.

My main concern is i don't like the way aftermarket streo kits look so fake compared to the factory look that surrounds it!

I also would like to know how things turn out.... I was in a bad accident and totalled ou my 02 IS300, so i decided to upgrade a bit and just picked up 03 GS300, black w/ tan... i love it, only thing its missing, is rims, and of course the NAV system, and i have called all the Lexus dealers and they said if you have a non nav system tey will not put a nav system in. so looks like i am going to have to go with an aftermarket one..... please post pics and give any suggestions if possible.

My main concern is i don't like the way aftermarket streo kits look so fake compared to the factory look that surrounds it!

I was supposed to have it installed today, but the shop canceled my appointment, apparently because of Virginia Tech shooting-like threats at NIU here. What that has to do with an audio store, I have no idea. So, now I gotta reschedule....maybe with a different place.

• 2 months later...

I was supposed to have it installed today, but the shop canceled my appointment, apparently because of Virginia Tech shooting-like threats at NIU here. What that has to do with an audio store, I have no idea. So, now I gotta reschedule....maybe with a different place.

Hi Mosh,

Just wondering if you ever got your Navi installed. I was interested in seeing some pics of the final product and any tips you can share with us would be great. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Thanks!

I installed the D2 in my 98 Lexus and no you can not use the factory CD changer in the glove box. I bought one that plugs in through the D2 IP Bus cable for $59 on ebay. It mounts in the glove box opening just fine exect you have to install it upside down for the correct CD cartridge opening. I used all the same brackets that came with the OEM Changer but added spacers.