New Car!

Here's my IS 250, its a 2007 AWD with wood interior trim, heated/cooled seats, paddle shifters, etc....typical AWD model features with standard audio which still is pretty legit.

This car drives so smooth and looks very sexy. I am going to be tinting the windows tomorrow to a light tint, probably 35% in the front and 20-28% on the rear windows...very excited about that.

The only bad thing so far is that I was driving on the highway today coming back from work and a stone flew up and chipped my window and star cracked it about the size of a dime...very very sad to see my new baby get hurt..hopefully the dealership will be able to fill it in since it is so small...fingers crossed

I also am getting Nitrogen in my tires...its been recommended by my friends and the dealers...anyone else have that?

Congratulations iceman! Welcome to the club :cheers: ... Some people say its a waste of money, but half the fun of having a new car is in spoiling it :D ... I've heard rumors that insurance will cover the replacement of the windshield if its in line of sight (in FL). Let us know what transpires

Congratulations iceman! Welcome to the club :cheers: ... Some people say its a waste of money, but half the fun of having a new car is in spoiling it :D ... I've heard rumors that insurance will cover the replacement of the windshield if its in line of sight (in FL). Let us know what transpires

thanks man, i'm really enjoying my new car, i took it to the dealer and when they were filling the tires they also filled in my small crack, it now looks like a small bb nic...worse things can happen....the dealership was great though i didn't have to wait and make another appointment they just fixed it right there on the spot

also, last week i had a Caltex interior/exterior treatment done on it...it coats the interior to protect the leather, the exterior which is amazing...you never have to wax your car because the coating they put on it leaves a shine as good, or probably better than a wax job, and they undercarriage gets coated for rustproofing, important for upstate NY winter driving...costs around $500

and the windows have been tinted.. 35% in front, 20% in back..hopefully i can get some pictures soon if we ever have sun in this area

I would say that nitrogen for your tires is a total waste of your money, unless you're on the track and racing professionally. I'm not sure what it costs, but I'm sure that money would be better spent elsewhere.

Some places are now using nitrogen as standard. The real value is that no moisture gets into the tires when you use nitrogen. That's a real plus.

Iceman Congrats on your new car. I have also bought my new IS 250 and am very excited in finding out more about what the car can do. Please do put up your pics as I want to see how the tint looks.

thanks man, i'm really enjoying my new car, i took it to the dealer and when they were filling the tires they also filled in my small crack, it now looks like a small bb nic...worse things can happen....the dealership was great though i didn't have to wait and make another appointment they just fixed it right there on the spot

also, last week i had a Caltex interior/exterior treatment done on it...it coats the interior to protect the leather, the exterior which is amazing...you never have to wax your car because the coating they put on it leaves a shine as good, or probably better than a wax job, and they undercarriage gets coated for rustproofing, important for upstate NY winter driving...costs around $500

and the windows have been tinted.. 35% in front, 20% in back..hopefully i can get some pictures soon if we ever have sun in this area