Recommendation Please: Want To Replace Nak Cassette Head W/ Cd Head

My 95 SC400 has a Nakamichi head unit with a cassette slot in it (in addition to the very fine radio). I haven't owned a cassette in probably ten years and I'd like to replace this head unit with one (compatible with the existing changer in the trunk that I assume is stock) that has a single cd slot. I'd like your recommendations for types/brands of units, what's involved in the replacement (ideally plug'n'play), and approximate price I can expect to pay. I'm open to any and all suggestions. Thx

I'm assuming that you have a stock CD changer in the trunk, if that is the case then no aftermarket radio will be compatible with the changer. On the bright side, most newer radios are MP3 compatible so you have have 10 albums or so on one CD, the changer you have is obsolete. If you really like to upgrade the Pioneer AVIC-d3 is a great double din "radio" with navigation, mp3, dvd and many other great features. It will run you about $600-800, older models such as the AVIC-d2 may be less. If you're going to minimal frills and more functionality you can get a pioneer radio from walmart for $100 or so and have someone install it for you for $50 or so. check out crutchfield.com for reviews. alpine, clarion, sony, kenwood are all good depending on what features you want,