Tire Life On Is350

I have almost 12K miles on my IS350 and the tires still look good.

At 10K I fully rotated all four tires (turned them around in the rims and switched them to the other side).

I expect them to last no more than 20K miles. I drive fast (that is why I bought the 350 for...). Any experiences you can share?

I plan on switching to either Potenza PP s03 or the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 which everyone consider to be the best (including CR).

Feedback?

Does anyone have feedback on the new Sumitomo tires?

this is what Tirerack has to say from an abbreviated test on which the Sumi came up first:

Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole Position (Max Performance Summer): The Potenza RE050A Pole Position with UNI-T Technology tire was developed for sports car, sports coupe and sport sedan drivers. The Potenza RE050A Pole Position is designed to provide exceptional dry and wet road traction.

Continental ContiSportContact 3 (Max Performance Summer): The ContiSportContact 3 is Continental Tire's tire developed for the drivers of powerful sports cars, sports coupes and luxury sedans. The ContiSportContact 3 is designed to combine outstanding braking capability and agile steering precision.

Sumitomo HTR Z III (Max Performance Summer): The HTR Z III (High Technology Radials-3rd Generation) is Sumitomo's tire developed for sports cars, sporty coupes and high performance sedans. It is designed to showcase Sumitomo's technical resources by providing high-speed handling stability along with traction on dry and wet roads.

Yokohama ADVAN Sport (Max Performance Summer): The ADVAN Sport is Yokohama's tire developed for some of the world's most prestigious sports cars, sports coupes and high performance sedans. The ADVAN Sport in the 275/35ZR20 size has been chosen as the exclusive Original Equipment (O.E.) tire for the Bentley Motors Continental GT equipped with the Mulliner Driving Package, the world's fastest four-seat coupe in 2005 with the maximum speed of 197 mph (318 km/h).

I have a 2006 IS350 with about 20,000 miles. I just replaced all 4 tires (Bridgestone Potenza 225/40R18 front and 255/40/R18 rear) with the Bridgestone Turanza ER33. This tire looks basically the same but has a slightly different tread design. My dealer said the Turanza would be quieter. So far I'm very pleased with the Turanza. The Potenza tire made a lot of noise and had some strange wear patterns. It was also very slippery on the wet roads. I think the price of the two types of Bridgestone tires is about the same (fairly close).

• 7 months later...

at 20K and with at least another 1/2000 miles on the OEM Potenzas I switched to Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 taking advantage of a buy 4 pay 3 offer at a nearby dealer...

Based on all surveys/tests, etc. the PS2s are the best performance tires out there in our sizes (I wanted to try the GY F1s but they do not come in one of our 18" sizes).

So far definitely a great tire. First and foremost selection criteria: wet handling, braking, etc.

I am delighted with them.

Just FYI.

• 3 weeks later...
(I wanted to try the GY F1s but they do not come in one of our 18" sizes).

My 07 IS350 has GY EAGLE F1s 18" on them (225/40ZR18). I bought the car with 11k miles on it, so I can't say if it was stock, but at 17k they have 50-75% tread life on them if I were to guess. Just FYI, I'm not sure of your tire width, etc.

at 20K and with at least another 1/2000 miles on the OEM Potenzas I switched to Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 taking advantage of a buy 4 pay 3 offer at a nearby dealer...

Based on all surveys/tests, etc. the PS2s are the best performance tires out there in our sizes (I wanted to try the GY F1s but they do not come in one of our 18" sizes).

So far definitely a great tire. First and foremost selection criteria: wet handling, braking, etc.

I am delighted with them.

Just FYI.

You ended up going with the Pilots? Great tires huh? I have to say, so far, for DOT tires, they are a great tire!! Hands down. I think awhile back you and I had debated the Pole Positions, the GY F1's and the Pilot's. All of which are great tires btw. I just like the Pilot's with a bit stronger shoulder and sidewall design. The input responce is spot on!

(I wanted to try the GY F1s but they do not come in one of our 18" sizes).

My 07 IS350 has GY EAGLE F1s 18" on them (225/40ZR18). I bought the car with 11k miles on it, so I can't say if it was stock, but at 17k they have 50-75% tread life on them if I were to guess. Just FYI, I'm not sure of your tire width, etc.

GY does not make the rear size 255-40-18 in the Eagle® F1 Asymmetric so that is why I could not try them.

You probably have the Eagle® F1 All Season... not the latest and greatest Asymmetrics...