Rims And Tires

jr_gorozco

Whats going on everyone...

i just recently bought a used '91 LS400, an awesome car! the previous owner kept intricate deatails of maintenace and the car is super clean!

there are a few things wrong tho., the screen which displays the temp has completely blacked out., and was wondering if anyone knows how to replace it or where to find it ( i have checked everywhere).

the second thing are the rims and tires., i was on youtube (wheeler dealers LS400 episode 4/5) and saw that new rims and tires could be put on the LS from an IS200., does anyone know if this is true or not? i want rims maybe some 17'' (not chromed), to give the LS a younger bit sporty look. what do you suggest on the rim size, tire size and if you have upgaraded the rims and tires already, how is the performance/handling of the LS.

thanks everone.

i just recently bought a used '91 LS400, an awesome car! the previous owner kept intricate deatails of maintenace and the car is super clean!

there are a few things wrong tho., the screen which displays the temp has completely blacked out., and was wondering if anyone knows how to replace it or where to find it ( i have checked everywhere).

the second thing are the rims and tires., i was on youtube (wheeler dealers LS400 episode 4/5) and saw that new rims and tires could be put on the LS from an IS200., does anyone know if this is true or not? i want rims maybe some 17'' (not chromed), to give the LS a younger bit sporty look. what do you suggest on the rim size, tire size and if you have upgaraded the rims and tires already, how is the performance/handling of the LS.

thanks everone.

Go to ebay for a replacement or repair of the LCD panel.

I have BBS 16X8 wheels on my '92 LS400 and my brother has '94 16" LS400 chrome wheels on his '91 LS400. 16" looks and seems to be about right for the LS. We both have BridgeStone Turanza "summer" tires for quietness and riding comfort.

the wheels can be used from any lexus except the new LS460 which has a different bolt length. i would avoid ES rims as it is FWD. there are places that will chrome dip OEM rims (even the old sawblade) for that super fresh "L" on your rims! I like bridgestones and pirelli run flat tires.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks everone.

I bought some '05 SC430 18" rims and covered them with Continental ContiSportContact 2 (235/40ZR18). I got a great deal on the rims which were brand new at the time for $500 on ebay. The difference in handling is clearly night and day and the wet traction, which was my main issue with the stock setup, is no longer an issue. I'd recommend at least 17" rims and a lower profile tire. If you're looking to stay with ride comfort, then 16" rims will do fine.