Low Tire Light Is On Again

Hi everyone,

I got my new IS250 AWD in Jan this year. But since July my "Low Tire" light was on almost every one month. I took the car to the dealer, they said it happens b/c of the weather changes, and they just pump my tires or reset the sensor.

Today the light is on again, I check the tire pressure and the lowest on is 27, the highest one is 30. Are they in the correct range?

Thanks,

Walter

Hi everyone,

I got my new IS250 AWD in Jan this year. But since July my "Low Tire" light was on almost every one month. I took the car to the dealer, they said it happens b/c of the weather changes, and they just pump my tires or reset the sensor.

Today the light is on again, I check the tire pressure and the lowest on is 27, the highest one is 30. Are they in the correct range?

Thanks,

Walter

No--correct pressures are labeled on a sticker in the driver's door jamb. 35F/37R.

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Walter

No--correct pressures are labeled on a sticker in the driver's door jamb. 35F/37R.

Sounds like they are working properly. Air pressure should't drop 10 psi in a few months...Set the pressure when the tires are cold (like first thing in the morning). Check it in a day or two..if its dropping..you picked up something in the tire like a nail, etc..

You have to watch the pressure on these tires closely. If you go more than a month wihthout checking they could be off. I usually find about a 2 PSI drop in that time period. Of course the change of seasons will change the pressure. I believe the pressure drops 1 PSI for every 10 degrees F drop in the ambient temperature.

I think the sensors will set off the alarm with a plus or minus 4 PSI from the initialization pressure.