Did All Ls 400's Come With Keyless Entry? 1st Gen

2rotor

They all came with keyless entry.

If you look on the original keys (except the valet key) you'll see a small button on the narrow side of it.

There is also a switch near the mirror adjusters on the left of the steering that disables the built in keyless.

They all came with keyless entry.

If you look on the original keys (except the valet key) you'll see a small button on the narrow side of it.

There is also a switch near the mirror adjusters on the left of the steering that disables the built in keyless.

I guess all I have is the valet key..hmm....

They are some people that advertise on this site that may can help. http://www.toy-lex.com/programming.html explains how to program a new key. Does the key you have open every door and trunk as well as crank your car? If so then you may have a copy of the master key but without the keyless entry feature. I recently bought a key off Ebay and am going to try and get it cut locally and then follow the directions posted on that site to program it so I will have an extra key.

They are some people that advertise on this site that may can help. http://www.toy-lex.com/programming.html explains how to program a new key. Does the key you have open every door and trunk as well as crank your car? If so then you may have a copy of the master key but without the keyless entry feature. I recently bought a key off Ebay and am going to try and get it cut locally and then follow the directions posted on that site to program it so I will have an extra key.

He has a 1st gen, programming the key via those instructions will not work as they are for 3rd gen (?) I think you have to have both the key and the receiver coded at Lexus to get a new key working, might not be worth it. all it does is unlock the door, you can get an entire car alarm with door locking for the same price.

He has a 1st gen, programming the key via those instructions will not work as they are for 3rd gen (?) I think you have to have both the key and the receiver coded at Lexus to get a new key working, might not be worth it. all it does is unlock the door, you can get an entire car alarm with door locking for the same price.

Ahhhh....Sorry did not pay attention to that.

Although keyless entry later became standard, it was a $250 option when I purchased my first LS new in 1990. I don't know if it was standard by the 1991 model year.

dkfd said that keyless entry was standard but he is in Canada and it is possible that keyless entry was standard there. There were quite a few minor differences between Canadian and U.S. spec LS400s.