Diy Oil Change - 1st Timer

In case I dont hear anything on my other post...

For my 03 GS300 with 88k (pure highway miles)

I just bought a case of mobil 1 synthetic 10w-30 at costco (29 bucks seemed cheap for 6 1quart bottles)

Went to tom wood and got the OEM oil filter airfilter and gasket (about $30 total) air filter was $20!!!

Ive changed oil on my van (mercury villager) and old car (nissan 240sx) so wanted to see if there was anything to be cautious of? Does the air filter need changed every 5k? Seemed to be expensive is the reason I ask.

Whats the $2 gasket he sold me (just asked if I needed one...I said I guess!)

How many quarts should it take?

Thanks!

Ross

In case I dont hear anything on my other post...

For my 03 GS300 with 88k (pure highway miles)

I just bought a case of mobil 1 synthetic 10w-30 at costco (29 bucks seemed cheap for 6 1quart bottles)

Went to tom wood and got the OEM oil filter airfilter and gasket (about $30 total) air filter was $20!!!

Ive changed oil on my van (mercury villager) and old car (nissan 240sx) so wanted to see if there was anything to be cautious of? Does the air filter need changed every 5k? Seemed to be expensive is the reason I ask.

Thanks!

Ross

All of that infor should be in your maintenance book with your owners manual. If that is the straight six 3.0 L it should take around 5 to 5.5 quarts. Check your manual as to oil viscosity. I dont think it specs 10w-30. Also, the air filter is 15k between changes but it specs it in the manual.

I take it you do not have the owner’s manual.

Normal maintenance intervals for your car are:

Air cleaner is every 30k

Cabin air filter is every 7.5k

Oil is SAE 5W-30

W/O filter - 5.4 qt

W/ filter – 5.7 qt