Front Tire Vibration On Lexus Is250:

Front Tire Vibration on Lexus IS250:

I am experiencing front tire vibration in my new IS250. I travel a lot for my job (40,000 - 50,000 / year) and I'm experiencing extreme tire vibration in my front tires.

Here are the facts:

-I have 30,000 miles on my car now

-I have Bridgestone Potenzas on my car

-Local Bridgestone dealers are blaming this on suspension(saying that cupping is occuring due to suspension)

-Lexus dealer is saying that tires should get approximately 15K miles before replacing

-the tread is good shape (plenty of tread on the tires)

-The majority of my miles are highway miles

-The tires are balanced properly

Let me know if anyone else is experiencing this.

Thanks for the input.

Front Tire Vibration on Lexus IS250:

I am experiencing front tire vibration in my new IS250. I travel a lot for my job (40,000 - 50,000 / year) and I'm experiencing extreme tire vibration in my front tires.

Here are the facts:

-I have 30,000 miles on my car now

-I have Bridgestone Potenzas on my car

-Local Bridgestone dealers are blaming this on suspension(saying that cupping is occuring due to suspension)

-Lexus dealer is saying that tires should get approximately 15K miles before replacing

-the tread is good shape (plenty of tread on the tires)

-The majority of my miles are highway miles

-The tires are balanced properly

Let me know if anyone else is experiencing this.

Thanks for the input.

I HAVE A 350 WITH 22K MILES ON IT AND I CAN SAY THAT I HAVE NOT HAD THAT PROBLEM. i DRIVEMY CAR HARD LIKE IT WAS DESIGNED TO BE DRIVEN. i HATE THE FACT THAT THE TIRES ARE SO COSTLY TO REPLACE, BUT YOU CAN GET THEM FOR HALF PRICE THOUGH DISCOUNTTIREDIRECT.COM.

try this, rotate the tires from front to the rear, if the vibration stays the same, the shocks may not have the proper amount of pressure in them causing an over rebound, thus getting your vobration. if the vibration goes away, have someone drive in another car near you and watch your rear tires to see if they "bounce" while driving. if they do, the problem is the tire, and if you contact the manufacturer, let them know the problem, they will replace them for free. Its the law and if they do not replace them, you can contact your local BAR Bureau of Automotive Repair office and file a report. then contact the manufacturer and let them know that you have filed a report with the BAR for selling you a faulty safety related item on your vehicle. tell them that if they fix the problem for you, you will drop the complaint. do the same thing with the shocks if they turn out to be the problem and the dealer doesnt do anything to help you...

I just "rotated" my tires (turned them around in their existing rims and mounted them in the opposite side) and the technician found out the rims were full of tar on the inside. I commute through an expressway that is being resurfaced...

That may be a possibility in your case. Check the inside of your rims if you recall ever driving over recently paved roads.

Thanks for the input guys!

My local Lexus dealer (Hendricks, Charlotte, NC) made me whole. They are a great dealership to work with.

I was just wandering if this was a factory problem, but I am seeing that it clearly isn't.

I personally think it was the weights in the tires.