Power Steering Leak

Zlatko

Hi guys, first time on the board and I'm hoping someone can help me out...

I have a 94 ES300 and the power steering switch has blown because my power steering fluid is draining rapidly and it's being back out through the exhaust in the form of white smoke. A local mechanic figured it out for me but I can't find the part. Lexus said I have to buy the whole high pressure valve connection which will cost me about 500 bucks because the part is not sold separately. Definitely can't afford that. Checked local Cleveland junkyards and no one has it.

Any idea on where I can find this piece new or used or if there is any temp solution to stop the leaking??

Anybody know of a junkyard that has this?

Thanks a lot.

I have a 94 ES300 and the power steering switch has blown because my power steering fluid is draining rapidly and it's being back out through the exhaust in the form of white smoke. A local mechanic figured it out for me but I can't find the part. Lexus said I have to buy the whole high pressure valve connection which will cost me about 500 bucks because the part is not sold separately. Definitely can't afford that. Checked local Cleveland junkyards and no one has it.

Any idea on where I can find this piece new or used or if there is any temp solution to stop the leaking??

Thanks a lot.

I have the complete power steering assembly for 1992-1996 es300, Pump, High and low pressure lines if you are interested. $150.00 + actual shipping charges. Let me know if this is what you want.

Thanks a lot.

I have the complete power steering assembly for 1992-1996 es300, Pump, High and low pressure lines if you are interested. $150.00 + actual shipping charges. Let me know if this is what you want.

Thank you for your reply. I'm still not 100% on what I need to purchase. Junkyards won't sell me just the switch/valve. I think it's on one of the high pressure lines...i just can't find any pics on the net to confirm this. If I feel I need the whole thing I'll contact you. Thanks.

Thanks a lot.

Thank you for your reply. I'm still not 100% on what I need to purchase. Junkyards won't sell me just the switch/valve. I think it's on one of the high pressure lines...i just can't find any pics on the net to confirm this. If I feel I need the whole thing I'll contact you. Thanks.

No problem, I'll hold on to the assy. until I hear from you. I don't want to split up the parts. So I'll send everything.

• 4 months later...

Thanks a lot.

Zlatko, my es300 94 also was leaking power steering fluid, it was from part number 62010 which they called the hydraulic fan motor assembly, and they wanted $463.00 for it. Is this the same part where your power steeering fluid is leaking? If so, I have 2 good pulls from the junk yard ( i wanted to make sure if this happens again, I have 2 spares already LOL ). I will sell you one ok for $ 60.00 and you pay for shipping. Pic of the part is attached. This part is right behind the center of your radiator fan and 2 hoses attach to it. Hope this helps.

post-60330-1203959361_thumb.jpg