Latest Version Of Nav Disk

• 2 weeks later...
I already purchased mine from Sewell Lexus in DFW; received it and installed it yesterday.

Thank you!

the only version of 7.1 available at this time is current geneation 5 systems which are 2006 is350 and most 2007 2008. the update for gen 2/3 and generation 4 will not be out until the first of the year. they have to bring out the 5th generation soooner so they can put them in the 2008 new lexus. they get all these made first then they start producing 2008 7.1 upates for no longer in production gen 2 3 and 4 computers.they are all 7.1 but mostly incompatible with each other . so watch which 7.1 you are buying. if your lexus is 2006 or older the current 7.1 disc wont work. it is marked u32 at 2 oclock on the disc face. the 4th generation update will say u22 . the gen 2/3

will have part number 86841-33036.

• 2 weeks later...
I already purchased mine from Sewell Lexus in DFW; received it and installed it yesterday.

Thank you!

the only version of 7.1 available at this time is current geneation 5 systems which are 2006 is350 and most 2007 2008. the update for gen 2/3 and generation 4 will not be out until the first of the year. they have to bring out the 5th generation soooner so they can put them in the 2008 new lexus. they get all these made first then they start producing 2008 7.1 upates for no longer in production gen 2 3 and 4 computers.they are all 7.1 but mostly incompatible with each other . so watch which 7.1 you are buying. if your lexus is 2006 or older the current 7.1 disc wont work. it is marked u32 at 2 oclock on the disc face. the 4th generation update will say u22 . the gen 2/3

I just posted this reply to another thread: This was my experience so far"

"I just purchased a 2008 RX350 and after reading this string of e-mails, asked the salesperson what version of the navigation software was installed in the car. He reported that it was Version 6.1, but that the RX400H was equipped with 7.1. I asked if he could get me Version 7.1, but he claimed that it only came with the 400H. He also claimed that they had received no customer complaints about Version 6.1. Yesterday my wife and I went to visit friends in a relatively new area, about 55 miles from Chicago. The area, one of those Del Webb Sun City communities, has been developed for at least 5 years. Lo and behold, our friends' address/street was not in the navigation software, and when I did some further checking, I found that some of the points of interest were no longer valid. Businesses that were listed, had been closed for some time. When I got home, I called Lexus Customer Service and spoke with a nice young woman who indicated that they would look into the problem and get back to me within 48 hours. We'll see if that proves to be true, but obviously, 6.1 is out of date."

Thank you!

Related to the newer version of the Nav disc, I have heard that the 2008 Nav systems do not have the 'Idiot Screen' that you have to hit accept to gain access to the system. Would updating the Nav DVD for a 2007 system also eliminate this bothersome screen? Or are there separate DVD versions for each vehicle model year?

Just curious

• 1 month later...

I have an 07 GS350 with Nav. My brother has an 08 RX350 with Nav as well. Both systems state that they are 6.1 version. My GS350 only goes down to 150 ft magnification while the RX350 Nav goes down to 75 ft magnification. That really will help when trying to find something.

Since they are both the same Nav version, shouldn't they work the same?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I have an 07 GS350 with Nav. My brother has an 08 RX350 with Nav as well. Both systems state that they are 6.1 version. My GS350 only goes down to 150 ft magnification while the RX350 Nav goes down to 75 ft magnification. That really will help when trying to find something.

Since they are both the same Nav version, shouldn't they work the same?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

The ability to zoom in to 75ft is dependent upon the area your in. Major cities such as Los Angeles allows you to zoom in to 75ft.