98 Gs300 Cylinder Misfire/exhaust Backfire

Hey guys, I have a 98 GS300 with over 100K, I got a check engine light, Random cylinder misfire and cylinder 5 misfire. The car runs rough, shakes when accelerating, sometimes with a bit more acceleration it will backfire, real loud noise. 3 years ago Lexus replaced a bad fuel injector. Any suggestions what could be wrong now?

Hey guys, I have a 98 GS300 with over 100K, I got a check engine light, Random cylinder misfire and cylinder 5 misfire. The car runs rough, shakes when accelerating, sometimes with a bit more acceleration it will backfire, real loud noise. 3 years ago Lexus replaced a bad fuel injector. Any suggestions what could be wrong now?

Injector again :cries:

I can't tell you guys the exact mileage on my car, 1.5 years ago my odometer just stoped and showing 79,xxx mileage for the past 1.5 years. So I am sure I am pretty close to 100K. Is doing spark plugs sufficient, or is there wires/coils involved as well? Any recommendation where to get a cheap fuel injector just in case?

I can't tell you guys the exact mileage on my car, 1.5 years ago my odometer just stoped and showing 79,xxx mileage for the past 1.5 years. So I am sure I am pretty close to 100K. Is doing spark plugs sufficient, or is there wires/coils involved as well? Any recommendation where to get a cheap fuel injector just in case?

OEM injector only.................Cheap = Failure :cries:

OEM injector only.................Cheap = Failure :cries:

I can tell you right now that you are waisting your time and money just "throwing parts" at your car. How do you know there IS actually a problem with the injector? OBDII codes will only give you a direction to look in, it's not a magic road map to every problem that may go wrong with your car. There are a few simple tests you can do if your interested.

If you don't have access to a datalist scantool, or don't want to pay for a diagnosis. Take the plug, and coil for another cylinder and swap them with #5. Check the resistance of the #5 wire. See if your misfire moves another cylinder. I have seen many porous heads leaking coolant around the plug #5 shorting it to ground. I have seen some bad coils also, they fire 2 cylinders each and one side fires but the other doesn't. Hopefully you don't have a porous head, since you'll have to replace it to fix the problem.