My "new" Car!

denslexusgx470

Hey guys! Well I know I'm still mad about what happened, but since my truck (1995 Mitsubishi L200 4WD Strada) is having a lot of problems, we decided to get another car. Now we decided between brand new and used, yes it sounds like choosing between day and night but we decided we wanted something big over here, something that will handle the floods when it rains a lot, and something that will get me thru traffic (yes i'm using it's enormous size to squeeze my way thru, cuz the little cars get scared when they see a big SUV cutting in front of them lol) so we found this slightly used Isuzu Trooper....

It's a 2002 Isuzu Trooper LS, FoxFire Red, Ivory Interior, Turbo Intercooled Common Rail Diesel, and it only had 28k km! (roughly 17k-18k miles) plus I checked with the dealer today and the mileage is correct with complete service records so this baby sounds good as new! I'll be leaving this thread in General Discussion for awhile then I'll move it to the Show and Shine forum. ;)

DSC02056.jpg

DSC02066.jpg

Interior

DSC02069.jpg

DSC02072.jpg

DSC02071.jpg

I like the seats, i noticed on your honda and this car that there is a custom cd player, is this how most cars are over there?

Thanks! Yea the previous owner barely used this vehicle so the leather's still in pretty good condition. haha, you noticed my stereo? Yes Filipinos LOVE accesories and anything they can add to their cars, so STOCK stereos are usually different than what we see in America. You are correct about my CRV's Kenwood DPX-510 stereo, and my Pioneer DEH(forgot model number it's still new to me ok! lol) in the Trooper...

What's weird also, different dealer, different stereos! I noticed that because when I saw used CRVs of my model, they had a Kenwood Stereo Deck BUT SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT.. Mine flips down automatically for the cassette behind it, other models you push a button and manually pull the screen down for the cassette, some models have the automatica flip down BUT you can't adjust the tilt, mine you can... so it's all different... why do they do this, i really dont know! But im happy with what I got in the CRV and the Trooper... :) More pix to come! :cheers:

Thanks. Yes I'm fortunate enough to find this lovely vehicle that was well taken cared of and barely used. We almost pulled the trigger on a green 2001 Trooper that had 68k km...

My Trooper after she got tinted...

DSC02105.jpg

DSC02107.jpg

The green one WE ALMOST GOT

DSC02036.jpg

DSC02037.jpg

DSC02038.jpg

DSC02040.jpg

DSC02039.jpg

That's a sharp looking ride Dens! Glad you got the diesel engine too, because every gasoline engine I've seen from Isuzu seems to have trouble with blown rings and such. The diesels, well, they're diesels...aka...can take a beating like a red-headed-step child!

That's a sharp looking ride Dens! Glad you got the diesel engine too, because every gasoline engine I've seen from Isuzu seems to have trouble with blown rings and such. The diesels, well, they're diesels...aka...can take a beating like a red-headed-step child!

haha. Thanks! Well The Isuzu engines we have here are the ones from JAPAN. Unlike in the USA, the Isuzu vehicles there have GM engines, I believe?? That's why their gasoline engines are problematic. But you're right, the Isuzu diesel engines are really tough stuff, cuz there are a lot of Isuzu Crosswinds (common Isuzu SUV) and ALL Isuzu vehicles here have diesel engines, and a lot of mechanics and consumers report that these engines LAST (with proper maintenance done of course) so I decided to get the Trooper.. Only problem though, the maintenance between the Trooper and the Crosswind is like comparing the service cost of a Toyota Land Cruiser at the Toyota dealership vs the Lexus LX470 at the Lexus dealership... MORE EXPENSIVE.. But I can live with it cuz the first owner took the big depreciation cost and Im using this thing till it dies! lol..

Well, my first and only modification on my Trooper (and CRV). I installed fog lamps for both, because one rainy night, my driver drove thru (and it was inevitable) 2 big potholes on the road, probably about a foot deep, so we decided that it be worth putting fog lamps on ALL of our cars here.. So I got factory fog lamps installed for my Trooper, but aftermarket for the CRV because there weren't any factory fog lamps for that model... :P

CRV

DSC02154.jpg

DSC02155.jpg

Trooper

DSC02157.jpg

DSC02158.jpg