I'm A Bit Clueless...

Hi all,

I'm a bit clueless here....I have a 01 430 with 145K on her. She runs perfect although she has a little pinging on slight acceleration. I've read up on it a bit on this forum and it seems like Seafoam might help with the issue. I've purchased a can and read the instructions but I'm hung up on finding the brake booster line or vacuum line??? Can someone give me an idea where to look or which hose to use?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Hi all,

I'm a bit clueless here....I have a 01 430 with 145K on her. She runs perfect although she has a little pinging on slight acceleration. I've read up on it a bit on this forum and it seems like Seafoam might help with the issue. I've purchased a can and read the instructions but I'm hung up on finding the brake booster line or vacuum line??? Can someone give me an idea where to look or which hose to use?

I don't ever recomend using outside petrolium detergents in any of your systems. The slight pinging your getting is more than likely just in need of a valve adjustment as you mentioned it happens under slight accelaeration and full acceleration. While you may have some carbon build up in certian areas of your car, seafoam, techron, mystery marvel, and all those do very little if anything to fix anything. Don't waste your time or your money. You would be better off just replacing the fluids. Especially on a car with 145k miles on it. The seals and flex lines can easily be damaged by these.

Hi all,

I don't ever recomend using outside petrolium detergents in any of your systems. The slight pinging your getting is more than likely just in need of a valve adjustment as you mentioned it happens under slight accelaeration and full acceleration. While you may have some carbon build up in certian areas of your car, seafoam, techron, mystery marvel, and all those do very little if anything to fix anything. Don't waste your time or your money. You would be better off just replacing the fluids. Especially on a car with 145k miles on it. The seals and flex lines can easily be damaged by these.

Hi all,

Thanks Much. Your logic makes sense and I figured such, but still felt the need to "tinker". I'm sure it's the safest route. Thanks agian....

Hi all,

Thanks Much. Your logic makes sense and I figured such, but still felt the need to "tinker". I'm sure it's the safest route. Thanks agian....