Acceleration Stuttering Problem 92 Sc 400 129k

Slugger20

The first 20 minutes of driving this vehicle after a cold start (3 to 5 min warm up)....is excellent, runs like a brand new car, no problems.....After the first stop i come to....the vehicle starts stuttering when i try to accelerate as if it's either suffocating or has a fuel issue. I purchased this ride a couple of weeks ago and drove it from Austin, TX to San Antonio TX with no issues at all...not even the stuttering problem........Does anyone know what the cause of this is?......The vehicle seems have to be completely warmed up before this issue starts....could be an exhaust or a fuel issue?........I've tried the jumper (Fp & B+)...that didn't work. The only thing i've done to this vehicle since purchase is replace the slip covers to the exhaust tips with some aftermarket chrome "pilot" slip ons - the next morning i started having the stuttering problem.......please help????? (the vehicle has had a tune up....oil change.....timing...water pump....done)

The first 20 minutes of driving this vehicle after a cold start (3 to 5 min warm up)....is excellent, runs like a brand new car, no problems.....After the first stop i come to....the vehicle starts stuttering when i try to accelerate as if it's either suffocating or has a fuel issue. I purchased this ride a couple of weeks ago and drove it from Austin, TX to San Antonio TX with no issues at all...not even the stuttering problem........Does anyone know what the cause of this is?......The vehicle seems have to be completely warmed up before this issue starts....could be an exhaust or a fuel issue?........I've tried the jumper (Fp & B+)...that didn't work. The only thing i've done to this vehicle since purchase is replace the slip covers to the exhaust tips with some aftermarket chrome "pilot" slip ons - the next morning i started having the stuttering problem.......please help????? (the vehicle has had a tune up....oil change.....timing...water pump....done)

I am having the same problem!! I have a92Sc400 and it was running fine than the next day is shutter and smell of gas. I changed the plugs but it still is running Bad!! Help

It sounds like the MAF. $900 fromLexus. $52 at Murrays. Don't bother trying to clean. It won't work

• 1 month later...

I would change the coilpack that is on the driver side of the block. If you look under the car and the cats are glowing ....this is your problem. Our cars have two coilpacks one in the front/top of the engine and the other is on the block on the driverside. They are not that exspensive but if you have this problem I would change them first.

It sounds like the MAF. $900 fromLexus. $52 at Murrays. Don't bother trying to clean. It won't work

Maybe it did not work for you , but it did great for me.. My RX mpg was sinking and one day, when it got around 12 mpg, the check engine light kicked on and it started idling really rough. I disconnected the battery, got some Valvoline Throttle Body Cleaner and cleaned the MAF, IACV and the butterflys on the intake. When I cranked it, the engine light stayed off, it idled smooth again and accelerated faster than ever.

For little effort the savings and benefits were huge.