Where Is My Brake Booster Line? I Need So Seafoam My Ride.

paultyler

I just bought a 1990 LS400. I want to do the seafoam thing but I don't know where the brake booster line is that will suck up the seafoam. Can someone post up a picture? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

I see the brake booster and there is a large line that comes off it which runs across the firewall to the throttle area. Is that the line?

check this out. I tried to seafoam my 96 Breeze, It sucked 3 oz. in OK, but it didnt smoke too much but it did for like 20 minutes! I think the shape of the intake had something to do with it. The 4 banger Breeze has a intake that has a low plenum and upswept runners to the cylinders. Looks like a header where the plenum would be at the bottom. I wonder if all the seafoam collected on the bottom and never really got in the cylinders to clean them? My mileage went from 32 to 24 but I think I might have made a mistake in the calulation. I still have my low speed knock and kinda bad idle in gear. Didnt seem to do anything productive except throw a cylinder 1 misfire code, not real productive. I like the idea of cylinder decarbonizing, but you can do that with a little water dribbled in the high idle throttle body too.

Personally, I think Sea Foam is a waste of $$$. It's the rage right now but STP, Teflon, etc. and similar additives used to be the rage too. If any of my engines ever get carbon deposits in the combustion chambers, I have a free way of getting rid of it that requires nothing more than 16 oz. of water and ten minutes. If it's clogged fuel injectors, I'll believe that when I see it. Modern gasolines have more than adequate amounts of injector cleaning additives to make that a thing of the past. I used to work with a bunch of new car dealers and the mechanics, oops... technicians in today's jargon... I spoke to either had never seen a clogged fuel injector, or it had been so many years back they couldn't remember when they saw the last one. :)

Personally, I think Sea Foam is a waste of $$$. It's the rage right now but STP, Teflon, etc. and similar additives used to be the rage too. If any of my engines ever get carbon deposits in the combustion chambers, I have a free way of getting rid of it that requires nothing more than 16 oz. of water and ten minutes. If it's clogged fuel injectors, I'll believe that when I see it. Modern gasolines have more than adequate amounts of injector cleaning additives to make that a thing of the past. I used to work with a bunch of new car dealers and the mechanics, oops... technicians in today's jargon... I spoke to either had never seen a clogged fuel injector, or it had been so many years back they couldn't remember when they saw the last one. :)

Whats up Jerry. Didn't expect to see you here!