Ford And Gm European

nc211

I have returned from a whirl-wind trip through Europe, which lasted two weeks, and covered London, Amsterdam, Heidelberg Germany, Lucern Switzerland and Paris. 923 pictures taken, 4 1/2 hours of digital video shot. My digestive system is one big ole' mess, and I've got the worst jet-lag I've ever had. What's up, is down, and what's down, is sideways..... BUT, I have a suggestion to the guys and gal's at Ford and GM.....

Import your European and German cars to the states!!! It's like a whole different automaker over there. Ford has some really slick looking German cars! GM's Opel has some really nice ones too! I just don't understand why they don't hand over the US design keys to their German division. Just don't understand it.

PS: If anyone here in the states thinks their town has traffic problems.......you need to take a trip to centeral Paris..... That place is a ZOO!!

IS: If anyone here in the states thinks their town has traffic problems.......you need to take a trip to centeral Paris..... That place is a ZOO!!

You're not supposed to drive around Paris.... you're supposed to stroll. (stroll, shop, eat, repeat!)

I'm sure the autos were impressive and fun, but I'm more interested in how you found the girls to be in Amsterdam and Lucerne. I think back to my visits to Europe in the mid-1980s - some wild and crazy times for sure. Any pub or nightclub stories to share on this board?

Hahaa... now that you mention it.... I'd have to say the two top spots for the girl watching was Amsterdam and Paris. In Amsterdam, they were everywhere! It was like one of those gum commercials, with beautiful girls riding thier bikes, scarfs flying in the wind. No doubt Amsterdam has some of the most beautiful women on earth! We took a walk through the red light district, and of course, there were a few standing in the windows, but I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole. Not my kind of scene. The girls in Paris were nice too! I'd have to say Paris is all about !Removed! and legs. They dress to impress, to enhance their looks. As where in Amsterdam, they dress for comfort, but are just down right stunning.

We took a tour with Globus tours. I can't recommend them enough! It was so easy. A luxury coach bus, all activities taken care of, all luggage taken care of, all hotels ready and waiting. It was the easiest vacation I've ever been on. I think we drove about 2,500 miles, not sure what that is in Kilometers. Those bus drivers can perform magic too! Unreal levels of driving skill. In London, in the round-a-bouts, the car to the right has right of way. In Paris, the car already in the round-a-bout has right of way. It's an insane way to drive, but the only accident we saw was some drunk dude in Paris wreck his moped by hitting the driver's side mirror on a parked BMW M5. Was kind of funny actually. Smart cars everywhere in Paris...the smaller the better. Oddly enought, I didn't see a single LS400 or 430, or GS, ES, RX. I did spot a few new IS's in London, but that was it. German cars dominate over there, along with the Peuguts "Peeuuhh-guts", Renaults, and Opels. I hear they're starting to bring in some Opels in NYC now. They have some really sweet looking cars! Good to see Alfa's still running around too, even though their interiors are still ugly to me.

Some of the German girls I saw could make a nice living in the WWE over here. Definetly wouldn't want to argue with them. They'd probably over-engineer the most brutal butt-kicking I've ever had!

Fastest I've ever gone on land was in the Eurostar train, under the English channel... 200+ mph. Was very very cool. I'll post up some pictures later, my wife has the camera with her, and is at her folk's house today. Might need some help sizing them down, took some at very high resolution so I can blow them up and frame them later.

By the way, I'm taking the LS down to Wayne this week. I didn't have time to get it done before I left for the trip. He's waiting for it. Thanks for the contact RX, you're right, he's a very nice guy!