Ipod Connectivity For 99 Ls400 With Nav

torose

I done a search and read through a number of posts on this topic. I have 99 LS400 with Nav and 6 CD changer (rare) and trying to get a solution to listen my Ipod. I have visted VAIS Tech site who do not offer an connectivity option for my year and configuration. I have tried 1 brand cassette adaptor (AVB) which does not work because of auto reverse feature. No one has had anything good to say about FM modulators, so I'm really stuck :cries:

Anyone who can tell me what cassette adaptor brand they are using that works with auto reverse feature would be great! I left Customer Service at VAIS a message of when they plan to release an adaptor for 99 Lexus Ls400. I'm also looking at Pioneer who have CD-IB100II - iPod® Interface Adapter for Pioneer Headunits. Anyone know if 99 Lexus with Nav and 6 CD changer (CD changer looks like Pioneer unit) has a Pioneer headunit?

Thanks for all help and posts!

The likelihood that VAIS is going to come out with an iPod or aux adapter for a pre-2001 LS is most likely zero. They were originally going to start with the 98 LS but they gave up on that idea early on and focused on 2001 and up. 99 LS with Nav and CD are not particularly rare in many parts of the country. There were a few 98-00 with standard audio systems without CD but I am almost certain that a CD changer was part of the nav package.

I don't know if the nav audio system headunit is Pioneer but my 2000 LS400 repair manual set shows that the same amp is used for the nav and the non-nav audio systems. The amp on the Nakamichi is different.

Even a geezer like me is starting to like the idea of hooking an MP3 player to my car. I assume I am going to have to wait a few years until I buy a new car to do that -- I'm sure I will survive listening to the radio and the CD player.

There is one person who was able to get an direct cable for his ipod by splicing his wiring to his cd changer and then adding a switch so when he plays a cd the audio comes from the ipod cable instead . I just use a tape adapter for mine if it keeps flicking on auto reverse get some silicone spray and spray the inside of the adapter as it is binding. It happened to me also until i did that and have had no problems for over a year since.

There is one person who was able to get an direct cable for his ipod by splicing his wiring to his cd changer and then adding a switch so when he plays a cd the audio comes from the ipod cable instead . I just use a tape adapter for mine if it keeps flicking on auto reverse get some silicone spray and spray the inside of the adapter as it is binding. It happened to me also until i did that and have had no problems for over a year since.

thanks for input, actually silicon spray made situation worse as now unit doesn't work in our other car.

Other any other input or name of specific brand that works for you would be great.

Anyone who can tell me what cassette adaptor brand they are using that works with auto reverse feature would be great!
I'm running my ipod on a very old Philips cassette adaptor that works just fine and never triggers the auto reverse feauture on my pioneer headunit.

Anyone who can tell me what cassette adaptor brand they are using that works with auto reverse feature would be great!
I'm running my ipod on a very old Philips cassette adaptor that works just fine and never triggers the auto reverse feauture on my pioneer headunit.

Ditto, except it's a Radio-Shack tape adapter in mine, and works great.

By the way, Blake, the car is lookin' great man! :cheers:

It made it worse in what way. I sprayed a few quick shots into the XM adapter it came with around the wheels.

I did the same thing and the adaptor stopped working in another vechicle we have in that it does same thing as Lexus, continually shifts forward and backward on the auto reverse. Your suggestion made sense as to reduce the friction, so not sure why it stopped working