How Will Damages That Are Repaired From Reck Affect My Carfax Report?

nichols0917

I recently was in a reck about 2 weeks ago. The only things needing to be repaired are the bumper and exaust. The other parties insurance is paying to repair the damages bc she hit me. It just so happens that I am in the middle of trying to sell my car that this happens. Although I am repairing the damages this will still show up on history of the car bc a police report was filed. Does ANYONE have any idea how to figure out how this will effect my resale value compared to what it was before the wreck? Is there anyway to have the party at faults insurance company pay the difference of what I would have gotten for my car if I had not been in a wreck?

Thanks and any ideas or personal experience stories would be greatly appreciated.

Wes

2002 IS300

Atlanta, Ga

• 5 months later...

Bartkat is right, it'll take a little time for the police report to show up. I had somebody pull out in front of me trying to cross the two lane road I was coming the other way on. I planted my 2002 Sportcross underneath his utility truck. (sad pictures available) That happened on Feb 1, 2008 and I JUST ran the carfax report on the vehicle tonight. It showed nothing yet. Since the car was totaled, I had to sign the title over to the insurance company before I would get my money. That was on the 5th of February. You might want to do a bunch of research on edmunds.com for comparable cars to yours in order to come up with a price. BE AWARE. YOU MUST CLEARLY TELL THE INSURANCE ADJUSTER & BODY SHOP THAT AFTERMARKET OR USED PARTS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. Hold your line, you hold all of the chips in the equation right now. (Just noticed that your post was in Sept of last year so whoever else reads this post might benefit instead.)

Regards,

Ken

Thanks and any ideas or personal experience stories would be greatly appreciated.

Wes

2002 IS300

Atlanta, Ga

from my personal experience you can't trust carfax, it's random what shows up.....i had a "mishap" in a parking lot with my truck 6 years ago....i was picking up one of skydiving students up at a metro station in northern virginia, the kiss-n-ride lot (that name still makes me laugh) had parking meters in front of the spaces that were sunk in 10" steel tubes filled with concrete (not on a curb, just at the front of each spot)...to make a long story short (and there were extenuating circumstances), i hit one and it sheered the front wheel completely off, tore out the 4-wheel drive, destroyed the steering box, etc....when all was said and done it was $11k+ worth of damage....not one of my proudest moments! :cries:

to this day, that incident has not shown up on the carfax report for my truck! repair shops, insurance agencies, etc are hit-or-miss as to whether they report to carfax, so it is really a crap shoot....

brosnibean