Clunking Noise When Turning

eds92sc

I purchased my neighbor's 92 SC400 two months ago. Sometimes I've been hearing a clunking type of noise when I make a left or right turn from a stopped position. What is going bad on the suspension? The bushings? and most likely which ones? I read a lot about the bushings being problematic, and don't really want to replace them unless absolutely necessary. Does anyone know the prices for parts and labor on these jobs? Most likely prohibitively expensive. I have all the service history records from the lexus dealership where the car was maintained. My neighbor has reported the problem in the past, but the technician always writes that he was unable to duplicate.

• 2 months later...

Is it just 1 clunk? A few weeks ago, my steering wheel would make repeated clicking sounds whenever I turned it. Turns out, something in my power steering was leaking and out of whack. I had my mechanic replace the offending part. Doesn't sound like the same problem as yours, but I thought I'd toss it out there.

raise the wheels off the ground and see ifthe wheel moves ,, also with wheels off ground get a prybar undr tire and lift up and the feel if there is any poping ,, if it pops rpl the LCA ,, if it just bushings its not that hard just takes a little time

Figured it was a bushing.

I'll be able to update you, once I have time to get to it.

For now... I made the mistake of cleaning the engine.

Probably sometime this next week...

the clunk is when I come to a hard stop or when I first

start out. Which makes me think it is the bushing as well.

• 2 months later...