Welcome Me Back

benalexe

Hi Guys,

Man am I fickle. I have been looking around the internet for a car for some time now. I am not going to get it until about Jan or Feb as my current SAAB lease is not due until March. Originally I started my search looking at an ES 330. I liked the car a lot but it lacked some of the newer modern electronics and I am one of the electronic geeks. I like my toys. So then, I decided I would look at an AVALON Limited. It had a lot more stuff then the lex. Automatic wipers, touchless and keyless entry, a/c seats, auto sun shade etc etc. The list really does go on and on and that car is awsome except I was only going to consider the limited model. I soon found out that the limited inventory is somewhat scarce, and the ones that I found were like $29,000. So then my next quest was for a brand new Altima 4 cylinder, loaded with all the options including bluetooth nav, rear back up camera, start button ignition, etc. Nice car also but WOW the thing is expensive. $28 to $29k. In my travels I also looked at Camry, Lexus GS series, and even the ES series, as well as maximas, and some infinities. I may change my mind again but right now it seem as if the lex es 330 is my best buy. I am thinking I can get a loaded es 330 with navigation and about $45,000 miles for about $20,000 for a 2004 model. You agree???

I figure compared with the Nissan- The lexus us $9,000 cheaper, bigger engine = more pickup, probably better reliability. Downside- much less toys. but hey $9k is $9k. In addition, I could be wrong but there is something to be said for driving a Lexus vs a Nissan, even if the Lexus is a few years old.

Thoughts???

P.S. I could change my mind again before I am ready to push the button on this.

You Must Need Some Motivation, Get the LEXUS :cheers:

Hi Guys,

Man am I fickle. I have been looking around the internet for a car for some time now. I am not going to get it until about Jan or Feb as my current SAAB lease is not due until March. Originally I started my search looking at an ES 330. I liked the car a lot but it lacked some of the newer modern electronics and I am one of the electronic geeks. I like my toys. So then, I decided I would look at an AVALON Limited. It had a lot more stuff then the lex. Automatic wipers, touchless and keyless entry, a/c seats, auto sun shade etc etc. The list really does go on and on and that car is awsome except I was only going to consider the limited model. I soon found out that the limited inventory is somewhat scarce, and the ones that I found were like $29,000. So then my next quest was for a brand new Altima 4 cylinder, loaded with all the options including bluetooth nav, rear back up camera, start button ignition, etc. Nice car also but WOW the thing is expensive. $28 to $29k. In my travels I also looked at Camry, Lexus GS series, and even the ES series, as well as maximas, and some infinities. I may change my mind again but right now it seem as if the lex es 330 is my best buy. I am thinking I can get a loaded es 330 with navigation and about $45,000 miles for about $20,000 for a 2004 model. You agree???

I figure compared with the Nissan- The lexus us $9,000 cheaper, bigger engine = more pickup, probably better reliability. Downside- much less toys. but hey $9k is $9k. In addition, I could be wrong but there is something to be said for driving a Lexus vs a Nissan, even if the Lexus is a few years old.

Thoughts???

P.S. I could change my mind again before I am ready to push the button on this.

Originally I started my search looking at an ES 330. I liked the car a lot but it lacked some of the newer modern electronics and I am one of the electronic geeks. I like my toys. So then, I decided I would look at an AVALON Limited. It had a lot more stuff then the lex. Automatic wipers, touchless and keyless entry, a/c seats, auto sun shade etc etc.

Again, the ES330 has all of the features you mention except the SKS (hands free entry and start) which became available on the ES350 in 07. The ES has had automatic wipers and the auto shade, auto headlights, HID, dual zone climate, etc since 2002 and got the cooled seats in 05.

To me the question is this. In 5 years time, would you rather be in a 5 year old Nissan or Toyota, or an 8 year old Lexus? One of the great things about driving luxury cars is you look smart when you drive one thats a few years old, driving a 5 year old Nissan makes you look poor.

I'm only half kidding, but its true. I'm not a fan of used cars, in your situation I'd lease a new Lexus, but I would never trade my 5 year old going on 100k mile Lexus for any brand new Honda, Toyota, Nissan, whatever. It doesn't matter what kind of toys or features it has. I really enjoy driving and owning my Lexus and even at its age it gives me absolutely no rational reason to replace it. The only reason to is a frivilous desire to upgrade to a new model with new features. That desire actually wanes when I drive the new ones, get back into mine, and realize what a great car it still is. I kid you not, I drove a brand new LS460, the car I have always wanted, and was STILL impressed by how nice my old ES still is when I got back into it. My Dad has an 04 LS430 that he replaced a 98 LS400 with. He always says that if his company (it was a company car) had not wanted him to get a newer car to save on repair bills he'd still have the 98 today because it was still a great car.

They really are great cars, and Toyotas just aren't the same. I know, I own both a Lexus and a Toyota. The Toyota is a great car but its not something you enjoy and appreciate like the Lexus.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a follow up I ended up getting a 2005 Avalon Limited. with every imaginable option including remote start and satalte radio. I LOVE THE CAR.

Totally awsome. A lot of car for the Money.

I paid 26K. The car has 11K miles on it.

The laser cruise is so cool.

Just a follow up I ended up getting a 2005 Avalon Limited. with every imaginable option including remote start and satalte radio. I LOVE THE CAR.

Totally awsome. A lot of car for the Money.

I paid 26K. The car has 11K miles on it.

The laser cruise is so cool.

Congrats :cheers: Avalons are very nice rides.