Interior Color Question

I really want the cashmere interior but am afraid it will get dirty fast (especially the light-colored carpet). What do you guys think about getting some of the black floormats instead to put over the tan carpet? Has anybody done this? I think it might look pretty good personally.....

I have the light interior with the Executive black mats and they are great .I love the interior colour as it makes the car look great BUT I will not buy it again .It takes alot of looking after > I would go for the black.

I have the cashmere interior and yes, the driver's mat get dirty easily, but my car wash company has internet coupons for a free shampoo on the driver side mat and I use it every other wash... so, no problems.

A coworker just bought a black IS with cashmere interior and black mats and they look awful... :wacko:

I have the cashmere interior and yes, the driver's mat get dirty easily, but my car wash company has internet coupons for a free shampoo on the driver side mat and I use it every other wash... so, no problems.

A coworker just bought a black IS with cashmere interior and black mats and they look awful... :wacko:

I suppose it's mostly a matter of personal preference but I think the black all weather mats look great with cashmere interior. The black mats compliments the black upper dashboard. So, you have the bottom of the car all black and the middle of the car all black. I'll include some pics when I have a chance.

A coworker just bought a black IS with cashmere interior and black mats and they look awful...:wacko:

I suppose it's mostly a matter of personal preference but I think the black all weather mats look great with cashmere interior. The black mats compliments the black upper dashboard. So, you have the bottom of the car all black and the middle of the car all black. I'll include some pics when I have a chance.

I have the cashmere with black all-weather mats and I get compliments all the time. The all-weather mats are easy to clean and then spray with "303 Protectant" to make them look new. It's a little more work than just vacuuming regular mats but IMO they look better than stained and dirty carpet mats. The leather seats need regular attention. I use a mix of 5/1 Woolite and water. It works just fine.

Woolite and water?

Never!

How about Lexol cleaner and Lexol protectant?

Just to name a couple of widely used products?

There are plenty around, some even do it all in one, cleaning and protecting...

The woolite/water solution is well known and is commonly used by better detailers.

There's no problem is using it

I really want the cashmere interior but am afraid it will get dirty fast (especially the light-colored carpet). What do you guys think about getting some of the black floormats instead to put over the tan carpet? Has anybody done this? I think it might look pretty good personally.....

I got black mats from weatertech.com, the front are only 70.00

I got black mats from weatertech.com, the front are only 70.00

That's not really much of a bargain--Lexus OEM mats are $99 for 4. You just can't get tan.