Voice Command Cheat Sheet

The owners manual does not provide a good simple list of the voice commands, in fact it refers people to the help screens. Does anyone know a good location or have a list of the valid voice commands?

That would be very cool. I don't really use mine because I am too lazy to learn by trial an error and when I have experimented, it didn't recognize my command(s).

Tom

The owners manual does not provide a good simple list of the voice commands, in fact it refers people to the help screens. Does anyone know a good location or have a list of the valid voice commands?

Thanks, i called them yesterday and they said they had one and would fax me one but it's a day later and i haven't received it. Hopefully one of us is just having fax issues. Like the second reply, i am frustrated by trying to learn from trial and error. And like many others, I am frustrated that the navigation system has minimal use while driving, so i am hoping that if i can master the verbal commands, I can do some things with the navigation system that can't be done via the manual user interface while driving. I just bought the 400H and am afraid to consider the device workarounds talked about on the forums as I don't want to do anything to limit my warranty. If anyone has figured out if the verbal commands are a workaround, i'd like to hear about that too.

Thanks, i called them yesterday and they said they had one and would fax me one but it's a day later and i haven't received it. Hopefully one of us is just having fax issues. Like the second reply, i am frustrated by trying to learn from trial and error. And like many others, I am frustrated that the navigation system has minimal use while driving, so i am hoping that if i can master the verbal commands, I can do some things with the navigation system that can't be done via the manual user interface while driving. I just bought the 400H and am afraid to consider the device workarounds talked about on the forums as I don't want to do anything to limit my warranty. If anyone has figured out if the verbal commands are a workaround, i'd like to hear about that too.

sorry, my link is not working, here comes the .pdf version.

Voice_Commands_RX300.pdf

Voice_Commands__Priusl.pdf

Voice_Commands_RX400.pdf

sorry, my link is not working, here comes the .pdf version.

Thanks for the files. Very helpful.

The one thing I would add is that, even with this list, you need to spend time with the help screen in the car. Why? Because it has the feature of playing the audio of the voice command.... That way you can hear how the systems expects it to sound.

What I've found is that *I* had to adapt my way of speaking the commands to get them recognized reliability. I used the voice command help playback feature as a guide. "POI off" was a real difficult one for me, I just don't normally say it the right way, not enough "lilt" I guess.

Also, in the car you can see some additional shortcuts to some of these commands that are not listed here.

Have fun.

What I've found is that *I* had to adapt my way of speaking the commands to get them recognized reliability. I used the voice command help playback feature as a guide. "POI off" was a real difficult one for me, I just don't normally say it the right way, not enough "lilt" I guess.

Have fun.

Hey, I thought we Californians are the only ones with absolutely NO accent at all? :whistles:

• 1 month later...
When I went asking for the same Q to my dealer, she told me when you see "Say command" on screen, you get two button below it, "Cancel" and "Help". Press the help button and there you get all voice commands explained.

:)

Great!!!! Now, if only the NAVI would recognize "Say command"

:D

Cheers,

MadloR