Diy Silvervision Turnsignals!

SW03ES

Okay guys, I was bored today and installed the homemade silvervision turnsignal bulbs steviej so kindly sent me (I still owe you that cup of coffee Steve!). I like them. I see very little degredation in brightness, and they seem fairly even among the two of them (these were problems Steve originally had.

Check em out, this is stock

post-7-1062961045.jpg

Whats everyone think? I'm going to play around with some thinner paints, maybe model paint would work the best I dont know. The key is thin, the paints gotta be thin.

When they're on you can't tell they're not just normal bulbs. Really cleans it up back there I think.

I'm kinda wanting them back now. No, no i'm just kindding.

Steve, don't use laquer thinner, it takes the silver off AND takes the amber off. You will be left with a clear bulb. The best thing I found to thin it, was to spray it again with the same paint and wipe immediately. Brings me back to high school chemistry.

Like dissolves like.

steviej

LOL! I'll make you some more and send them to you, how's that sound? We'll each keep making them and sending them to each other until they're perfect.

When they're perfect we can sell them, Steve and Steve's perfect Silver bulbs. My name's first! ;)

I think two guys from Nantucket tried this with juice. Now their mother's are in the commercials. The latest commercial is with thier wives and one of them beltches. They are promoting juice with a little fizz. I don't want our future ex-business coming to the point where your fiance burps on TV.

How bout if when you improve the product, send me a set and I buy you the coffee?

steviej

try looking on the bmw boreds as they usse alot of the diy stuff to try and make the silvervisions as they are so damn expensive for a simple bulb

i am sure someone tried a bunch of different paints

and i have heard of them doing it alot since about 99 when they first got the silver visions

so i am sure someone perfected it

just wondering.how much are the silvervision bulbs to buy because i bought ones that are exactly the same as silvervison for like 4 or 5 bucks a set and they look great!or are yous just doing it for fun?

i will see if i have a pic of mine.

i bought them at my local pepboys!i cant remmber the name of them because i threw out the package but they werent expensive and look awsome!

they really look good at night too because they give off this deeper amber color then the stock did and it just looks awsome at night.i get tons of complaments at night by people!

if i get time i will run to pep boys and see what brand they are.my pep boys down here is starting to sell all kinds of aftermarket stuff like bulbs and all sorts of stuff!(a whole isle full of after market things).i will let you know! :D

I assume the Titans are the silver coated bulbs.

Steve, 02/03 signal bulbs are 7440 not 7443. The 7443 are double filament bulbs (on and flash) instead of 7440 which are single filament for flashing only.

I didn't see a 7440 listed in the Pep Boys link.

There is another bulb called STEALTH from Rayburg or something like that. It is similar to the silvervison. I don't know what style they come in. So far silvervision only come in 1156.

steviej