Is350 Service Loaner

Ok so I got a new IS250 from the parentals back in february and have never had the chance or wanted to tempt myself with driving the IS350 since I knew I wouldnt want my 250 after that. haha.

So this week I took my car in for the 10,000 mile service/Brake Pad TSIB thing and the Loaner car they gave me was a 2007 IS350 with the Sport Suspension and HKS Sport Exhaust...WOW!!!! I WANT ONE!!

The suspension feels so much more tight and responsive than my soft squishy 250 and that Sport exhaust cosmetically and sound wise just rounds out the beautiful package that is the IS350...I am going to look into trading mine in but not until the BMW 135i comes out since thats another rocket ship I want to test...

so now im sad and bummed and going to try to find ways to make my car bareable..ie: sway bars, suspension mods, exhaust, rear spoiler...those kinds of things. haha.

Ah, the perils of driving a car a step up from yours.

Truth is , EVERYTHING is relative. Keep that in mind. No matter what you drive, (I suppose with a few exceptions) there is something faster, better handling, etc. Just depends on how much you want to spend.

Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have....plagerized, but true.

Ok so I got a new IS250 from the parentals back in february and have never had the chance or wanted to tempt myself with driving the IS350 since I knew I wouldnt want my 250 after that. haha.

So this week I took my car in for the 10,000 mile service/Brake Pad TSIB thing and the Loaner car they gave me was a 2007 IS350 with the Sport Suspension and HKS Sport Exhaust...WOW!!!! I WANT ONE!!

The suspension feels so much more tight and responsive than my soft squishy 250 and that Sport exhaust cosmetically and sound wise just rounds out the beautiful package that is the IS350...I am going to look into trading mine in but not until the BMW 135i comes out since thats another rocket ship I want to test...

so now im sad and bummed and going to try to find ways to make my car bareable..ie: sway bars, suspension mods, exhaust, rear spoiler...those kinds of things. haha.

Where did you take your car in for service??? I wouldn't mind getting a "step up" as a loaner car, but Crown gives the ES and RX as loaners.

Ah, the perils of driving a car a step up from yours.

Truth is , EVERYTHING is relative. Keep that in mind. No matter what you drive, (I suppose with a few exceptions) there is something faster, better handling, etc. Just depends on how much you want to spend.

Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have....plagerized, but true.

So very true, Jay. So very true.

I took my car in for service at Newport Lexus, what an amazing dealership. From the design, service, facilities...etc wow!

They also have ES and RX Loaners but they also have quite a few IS350 loaners...no IS250's Sorry :(

They only have one with the HKS exhaust though, and wow..sounds awesome, Ive been calling all the HKS authorized dealers in socal and the best pricing seems to be through Dynamic Autosports in Lake Forest with a parts price of around $600 and labor around $175 compared to the dealer parts price of $1470 and labor of $250.

• 4 weeks later...

I have to admit that every time I encounter an IS250 with my IS350 I have to drop it into 4th and take off -- they could neve catch me!! It's a rocket and I love it.

I got stuck with a 250 loaner for my 5K service and felt like I had been castrated :cheers: !!