Bushings Change...anyone In New York?

en11871

:cheers: Hello Everyone,

I'm located in New York City and would like to find someone in the area (or at least somewhere nearby...tristate might be ok as well) who can change bushings. I am looking to change all the bushings to polyurethane for my 1996 LS. I can drive and wait. It doesn't matter, just as long the job is done right. It is just not reassuring that whomever I ask, they don't know what I'm talking about in regards to changing just the bushings instead of whole arms. PLMK ASAP. Thanks.

Edward

Hi, En,

Which bushings have you bought? Where did you buy them? I am planning to do the same to my 96 LS and am collecting information.

Thanks

I'm located in New York City and would like to find someone in the area (or at least somewhere nearby...tristate might be ok as well) who can change bushings. I am looking to change all the bushings to polyurethane for my 1996 LS. I can drive and wait. It doesn't matter, just as long the job is done right. It is just not reassuring that whomever I ask, they don't know what I'm talking about in regards to changing just the bushings instead of whole arms. PLMK ASAP. Thanks.

Edward

• 3 weeks later...

dashan,

I bought the front strut rod bushings. I'm still looking for that "magical" mechanic. You can just look on ebay and search for lexus ls400 bushing. LPDauto was where I got my bushings from. Jason from LPD can get you any bushing for the car, providing that they are available from the manufacturer. You will be surprise of all the polyurethane bushings that are available for the car from Jason. If you order something from him, just mention that Edward from New York says hi. Good Luck.

Hi, En,

Which bushings have you bought? Where did you buy them? I am planning to do the same to my 96 LS and am collecting information.

Thanks

Edward

One caveat for polyurethane bushings, especially for those in colder climates, is that they are notorious for squeaking eventually. (Not initially, but eventually).

They are harder than stock (less compliance) and lead to a more "sporting" nature, but the squeak is an unfortunate byproduct of polyurethane.