Smoky Granite Over Black Or Sterling - Help Please!

Hello All, I'm going to be purchasing an IS350. I currently drive a Boxster and have found it too small and just not practical for me. I'm very impressed with the IS350 and I think it's the perfect balance for what I'm looking for! I like the Smoky Granite but am undecided over black or sterling. I'd really appreciate your thoughts!

The first car I drove was over black and I really liked it. And then I started thinking of heat, etc. And a couple days later I drove one with the sterling interior. And now I'm not certain. Sterling would be cooler, and it looked great. But the black felt a little more together. And now I'm confused...

I know that you've all probably seen the combinations many times. What do you feel?

Thanks.

Randy,

Color preference is a very subjective decision. Simply put, you will need to determine which color combination works best for you.

I have the Smokey Granite w/ Sterling combination on my 07 IS350. I didn't have a lot to select from as most of the available stock in my area is the IS250 AWD's. My first choice was Black Sapphire w/ Black Sport IS350. While the dealer had this available, it had a a lot of scratches on the hood. For a brand new car with 4 miles on the odometer, I didn't feel comfortable with them needing to buff the car.

I am happy with the choice as it does look good with the wood accents and 18" rims.

Good luck with your selection!

Regards,

NHman

I think the Black may show scratches easier, and there does seem to be a common complaint regarding how easy the IS becomes scratched.

That being said, I have the Smoky Granite but wish I had actually purchased the Black. It just looks sharper to me (opinnion of course). Different color cars of the same model appear to have different lines/shapes in my head.

Good luck with your decision.

Randy,

Again, interior color becomes a personal decision. What color combination looks best to you. I have the Sterling interior with the wood trim and I like it but black would've been my first choice.

Regards,

NHman

I picked the black leather in hopes that it would not show stains and scuff marks as much as a lighter color. I have smoky granite and it looks great. I was worried about how hot the car would get sitting out in the sun with dark exterior and interior, but it hasn't been a problem.

I have black and my only complaint is that the carpet shows lint and stuff easily. It isn't any hotter than any other color and after almost 2 years I have no scratches. I use Lexol leather conditioner and just applied some over the weekend and observed that the leather is still perfect. I didn't like the lighter interiors because of the "two tone" affect it gives to the dash, etc.

Hello All, I'm going to be purchasing an IS350. I currently drive a Boxster and have found it too small and just not practical for me. I'm very impressed with the IS350 and I think it's the perfect balance for what I'm looking for! I like the Smoky Granite but am undecided over black or sterling. I'd really appreciate your thoughts!

The first car I drove was over black and I really liked it. And then I started thinking of heat, etc. And a couple days later I drove one with the sterling interior. And now I'm not certain. Sterling would be cooler, and it looked great. But the black felt a little more together. And now I'm confused...

I know that you've all probably seen the combinations many times. What do you feel?

Thanks.

I have the sterling interior with my tungsten pearl--I love it. since it's not all black, it doesn't get too hot, but the black carpets, as opposed to gray (i.e., cashmere interior has tan carpets) will not show staining as much, plus, it allowed me to get the all weather mats, which i think would have looked bad with the cashmere carpets.

I had to choose between gray and black for the interior color. I had already decided on Smoky Granite for the exterior. The dealer had both colors and I decided on "Black" interior since for me it was much 'meaner' looking. Again, as people have stated before color choice is a personal choice. Also, heat has not been a problem with the black interior.

If possible try to take a look at the two colors side by side and then decide.