2 Minor Issues + Front Damage

Hi,

I bought the IS350 back in May2006, love the look, the way the car drive, especially how fast it accellerate when I need it.

My concerned are:

1) the two front tires get very dirty very fast, I wish the sales person was a little more informative.

2) I can't seems to program the button in the car to open my garage, still using hand remote control,

mentioned to Lexus car service, they admitted this was one of the item lots of car owner seems to have??

3) I was on the highway & was hit by some blow out tire, it hit my front of my car, now the very bottom piece crack

& fall about 3", it look very un-attractive. I call Lexus dealer, they don't do any repair, have to send out to

body shop. Just hate to have to part from my car.

Have other problem such as low tires light come on now & then. Voice command get confused, example: 'cool temperature', it changed my radio station to "KOOL" 94.5. which was a little interesting. But now, I only use it to 'dial by number'

1 and 2 have been discussed here. Search for "brake dust" . There is a TSB whereby the Lexus dealer will replace your front brake pads with "dust free" ones for free.

Go to the homelink site and you will find much more info on programming garage openers. There are some posts here about that too.

Is what broke, the lower engine cover? There are sites online where you can buy the Lexus parts or get one from the dealer and replace the panel yourself.

thank you, I'm new here, didn't think anyone would read my post.

I'll check it out, item 3, don't know if I could replace it myself.

1 and 2 have been discussed here. Search for "brake dust" . There is a TSB whereby the Lexus dealer will replace your front brake pads with "dust free" ones for free.

Go to the homelink site and you will find much more info on programming garage openers. There are some posts here about that too.

Is what broke, the lower engine cover? There are sites online where you can buy the Lexus parts or get one from the dealer and replace the panel yourself.

As far as the low tire pressure warning; read the owner's manual on initializing the tire pressure warning system and first inflate all tires to at least the recommended pressures on the driver's side door pillar.

As far as the garage door opener goes....it works best if you have someone in the garage to press the button on the overhead while you are in the car due to the fact that you only have 30 seconds or so to get back in the vehicle. When you have confirmation that they pressed the button (make sure they aren't holding it in), hold down your chosen one in the vehicle. When you do it should light up constant for a second then flash rapidly letting you know it programmed; then test it. It should work. This method is better than trying to do it from the remote to the homelink. Hope it helps!

As far as the garage door opener goes....it works best if you have someone in the garage to press the button on the overhead while you are in the car due to the fact that you only have 30 seconds or so to get back in the vehicle. When you have confirmation that they pressed the button (make sure they aren't holding it in), hold down your chosen one in the vehicle. When you do it should light up constant for a second then flash rapidly letting you know it programmed; then test it. It should work. This method is better than trying to do it from the remote to the homelink. Hope it helps!

One useful tip I recall someone posting is that if you're sure you are following the programming procedure right and it still doesn't work, try changing the batteries in your remote opener. I think this resolved the problem for someone.