Dropping My Sc400

Spyro

HI everyone, i'm trying to lower the front of my sc400 to match my lowered back due to very heavy subs. i want to drop it about 1.5 inches but i dont know what are good shocks and springs to buy. if anyone with experience in this field please inform me before i make a bad mistake. and where can i buy just 2 shocks and 2 springs? thanks.

• 2 months later...

Intrax may not be the best for the money. I had them back in the day on another car - they were okay. It is recommended to change the shocks as well when lowering a vehicle. Other SC owners have had great results with the Eibach/KYB AGX combo. H&R makes good product. Then there are coil over systems from JIC and Tein as well as many others. To drop 1.5 you may need to get a coil over system.

I'll second that AWJ. Intrax aren't a very high quality spring. I would suggest Eibach/KYB AGX setup. I've used it on 2 cars and loved it. If you're someone that's worried about ride quality the AGX's are stiffer than stock on their lowest setting, just to warn you. And H&R do make a GREAT spring. I've seen many, many sets of theirs on cars and have had zero complaints. As for full coilover systems, Tein is the best IMO. I don't think in the asian market there is a coilover to compete with them.

HI everyone, i'm trying to lower the front of my sc400 to match my lowered back due to very heavy subs. i want to drop it about 1.5 inches but i dont know what are good shocks and springs to buy. if anyone with experience in this field please inform me before i make a bad mistake. and where can i buy just 2 shocks and 2 springs? thanks.

I put the Eibach Pro-Kit springs (1" lowered) on my LS400 a few months ago. I wanted to lower it after putting on my 18" rims. The rear of my car was a little higher than the front. I put a big mdf sub box w/2 - 12" RF woofers in the trunk last month with over 1000 watts between 2 amps bolted onto the box. Everything weighs about 150lbs in my trunk so it evened out.

I did find 1.5" drop springs but I did not want to loose too much ride comfort. The car corners like a dream now with the new springs (- 1" drop) and the ZR rated Kumho tires. Eibach makes quality products.

I am currently having my shocks and springs changed as I write. I should have it back tomorrow. I measured the ride height before I dropped it off, so I should know exactly how much it dropped when I get it back. I will post my findings in the Thread I started earlier today: Tokico Shocks and Eibach Springs.

Check there for my results.

Good Luck!

:cheers: