Centering Rings & Offset Bolts - Work On Brabus Wheels?

SC-berks

I'm on a mission to try and get some Brabus wheels (for Merc) I saw in Europe ( on an SC430 ) onto my SC430...

Been told that I may be able to do it with a set of centering rings and a set of offset bolts.

Anyone have any experience in this area???

my wheel fitment/PCD is...

5x114 38 to 45 bore=60.1

Mercs are

5x112 35 to 42 bore=66.6

The bolt patterns are different , they can be redrilled but is not the best way. The bore for the brabus wheels is important as they may not be set for a mercedes and have a universal one.

I spoke with Europeans largest supplier of alloys ( as I'm in England ). He was saying he could get me 45 mil offset on the wheels and with a centre cap, spicet rings and special wheel nuts that would allow them to fit straight on.

He spent the time to look up the info and sounded very knowledgable so trust him.

Do you reckon that these are 19 inch or 20 inch??

Geneva430.jpg

This is going to sound dumb but the front looks like 20 and the rears like 18's.

The special wheel nuts are because they take a drill and open the bolt holes up. So these nuts have wider sides to try and fill the space up better. I am sure if you contacted Brabus direct they would make a custom set that would fit proper. As having redrilled wheels can lead to studs breaking more than having a spacer .

I have alot of exper. in rims and tires, and when you start redrilling, changing offsets, and outside tire dimensions, your asking for trouble. If it works out, and sometimes it does, then great, but if it doesn't your stuck with a set of redrilled rims that you don't want to use and probably can't sell. SKperformance is right. Arrising issues can be range from rim movement, speed wobble, broken lugs, accessive bearing wear, etc.etc.( I actually knew a guy who cracked a spacer, and snapped lugs going over railroad tracks!! after I told him the rims he wanted are going to be trouble.) I try to avoid wheel spacers at all costs. And I recomend that to everyone. So over the years, I have come to the conlclusion if the rims don't fit, they don't fit. It's usually not worth the risks.

I'm on a mission to try and get some Brabus wheels (for Merc) I saw in Europe ( on an SC430 ) onto my SC430...

Been told that I may be able to do it with a set of centering rings and a set of offset bolts.

Anyone have any experience in this area???

my wheel fitment/PCD is...

5x114 38 to 45 bore=60.1

Mercs are

5x112 35 to 42 bore=66.6

I have 20 inch donz [ donz wheels of new york Model Genovese ] he sold me centering rings for these wheels you might be able to get from him . Located in new york nice company to do business with .

Buddy