1998 Gs 300 Stolen Nav Hard Drive..help!

I feel like a total dunce since I should have actually LOOKED for the hard drive before I assumed it was fried! I located the brain box yesterday and looked for the hard drive and what do I see? yeah and empty hole...anyways it was probably stolen while it was at the body shop, but I am not holding my breath for someone confessing to the crime! So now I am in quite a quandry since the dealer and other vendors want the core hard drive back if not they will charge me 3 to 6 hundred dollars EXTRA!!! any ideas on where I can buy a cheap core? or any feedback on vendors that may not require the core back?

thanks for your help!

I feel like a total dunce since I should have actually LOOKED for the hard drive before I assumed it was fried! I located the brain box yesterday and looked for the hard drive and what do I see? yeah and empty hole...anyways it was probably stolen while it was at the body shop, but I am not holding my breath for someone confessing to the crime! So now I am in quite a quandry since the dealer and other vendors want the core hard drive back if not they will charge me 3 to 6 hundred dollars EXTRA!!! any ideas on where I can buy a cheap core? or any feedback on vendors that may not require the core back?

thanks for your help!

commercialbrokerage, I should be able to get one for you. Hold on, I am at work , I will look into it when I get home.:cheers:

thanks for your help!

commercialbrokerage, I should be able to get one for you. Hold on, I am at work , I will look into it when I get home.:cheers:

thanks!! your help would be greatly appreciated! :cheers:

full insurance?

File a claim.....

thanks, but the $600 is less than my deductible... I just need a nonworking or junk core I can buy cheap to avoid the overblown core charge being assessed..

im pretty sure they can tell with the part #

buttttt

if you want, i can chek out the junkyard this weekend, let you know how much...

or you can pay mex:censored: to rob it from another GS..

oh wait...thats wrong...

eww...Moderator..delete that!!

thanks for your help!

I have a harddrive for your gs. Check your messages. :cheers: