Tires For Rx 330

ggy

I have a 2005 RX 330 with 28,000 miles on it that needs new tires. I'd like something that rides as smoothly as the 235/55-18 Goodyear Eagle RS-A (UTQG: 260 A A) tires it came with, but that has a better treadwear than those Eagles had.

I see that I could use the Michelin Energy MXV4 S8 tires (UTQG: 440 A A) for about $20 more per tire. Ought to get more than 28,000 miles from those based on the UTQG ratings. What about the ride?

Any suggestions?

I have a 2005 RX 330 with 28,000 miles on it that needs new tires. I'd like something that rides as smoothly as the 235/55-18 Goodyear Eagle RS-A (UTQG: 260 A A) tires it came with, but that has a better treadwear than those Eagles had.

I see that I could use the Michelin Energy MXV4 S8 tires (UTQG: 440 A A) for about $20 more per tire. Ought to get more than 28,000 miles from those based on the UTQG ratings. What about the ride?

Any suggestions?

Yes.

For the utmost in ride comfort and quietness I have Bridgestone Turanza summer only tires. Run them all rear around and use tire chains if/when the need arises.

For the utmost in ride comfort and quietness I have Bridgestone Turanza summer only tires. Run them all rear around and use tire chains if/when the need arises.

Are tire chains legal? I didn't think they were everywhere.

Are tire chains legal? I didn't think they were everywhere.

You may be thinking of studded tires. I don't know of any state wherein tire chains aren't legal provided their use is warranted.

Any suggestions?

I got 60,000 miles with Michelin Energy's and would recommend them anytime.

Any suggestions?

My Turanzas are currently just a tad beyond 65,000 miles and will most definitely need replacing before the snow flies.

Any suggestions?

My Turanzas are currently just a tad beyond 65,000 miles and will most definitely need replacing before the snow flies.

Oops.

The Bridgestone Alenza tire is your best all-around tire for the money on those 18-inch rims. I did a lot of research before swapping out a set of Michelin MXV4 S8 tires for them back in mid-February. The Alenzas have much more treadlife than the Michelins do - the Alenza tread depth is 12/32 new while the Michelin tread depth is only 9/32 new. The Alenzas carry a 65,000 mile warranty. The Michelins carry NO warranty. Get the Alenzas - you won't regret it....

DO NOT buy any Bridestone Dueler tire other than the Alenza. Only the Alenza is worth having. Take it from someone who has had regular Bridgestone Duelers on a previous RX300. They were only adequate and went only approximately 44,000 miles before I had to replace them....