30k Service

ssreekak

Expert Folk, What are your dealers charging for a 30K service? At what point have you considered not using a dealership and a good repair shop? I am in the Boston area. Lexus of Watertown has been pretty good so far. Any bad experiences anyone?

Thanks,

- V

Expert Folk, What are your dealers charging for a 30K service? At what point have you considered not using a dealership and a good repair shop? I am in the Boston area. Lexus of Watertown has been pretty good so far. Any bad experiences anyone?

Thanks,

- V

I am not sure about the 30K, but on my wife's 2004 RX330, the 60K went like this for me.

Lexus: $910

Toyota: $650

Independent that specializes in Toyota/Lexus: $400

Pretty much sealed the deal for me.

• 1 month later...

Lenore is correct - the 30K service is indeed a glorified oil change with your first scheduled air filter change thrown in for good measure. I always do it myself and spend $50 or less for all the parts and fluids that I need. Throw in a tire rotation and it takes me approximately two hours out in the driveway to do everything, and I know it's done right with attention to detail all the way around. Sure beats paying some dealership hundreds of dollars to rush through the vehicle and screw something up....