New Leatherseats.com Interior For My '92 Pictures

Some before and after:

It took me about 16 hours to install. I am a novice. A pro might have built up the cushions a little since they get compressed by 15 years or old shrinking leather. They said that most wrinkles will come out when car is parked in summers sun. BTW this is the best chance you will get to really clean your carpets well. Overall I am very satisfied and found the install a positive experience and one which most DIY'ers could easily perform.

post-25648-1186495418_thumb.jpg

post-25648-1186495463_thumb.jpg

post-25648-1186495504_thumb.jpg

post-25648-1186495560_thumb.jpg

post-25648-1186495595_thumb.jpg

post-25648-1186495635_thumb.jpg

How much did you get that done for? and where did you get it done? I have a split in my driver's side seat that I want to get fixed but I don't know where to take it to get it done. Thanks for the input!

Metramm

Did it myself. It took about 12-15 hours. My first time doing upholstery. I think you could take it to a pro as well. The seat kit was about $780 shipped, front and back seats with custom inserts and contrasting stitching. It was actually fun. I'm near Chicago in Park Ridge, if you need help or info, let me know.

Some before and after:

It took me about 16 hours to install. I am a novice. A pro might have built up the cushions a little since they get compressed by 15 years or old shrinking leather. They said that most wrinkles will come out when car is parked in summers sun. BTW this is the best chance you will get to really clean your carpets well. Overall I am very satisfied and found the install a positive experience and one which most DIY'ers could easily perform.

I decided that I wanted to tighten up my covers because of shrunken foam. I glued on some 1/2" foam after pulling the seats and peeling back the perimeter of the covers. I restretched the covers and got a tighter, cleaner look. I would figure on this as a required part of a good install for anyone interested. BTW I used my old seat covers as a pattern to cut out the foam. Doing it a second time only involved about 2 hours per front seat. The back seat was OK as is.

post-25648-1187456726_thumb.jpg

post-25648-1187456761_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
How much did you get that done for? and where did you get it done? I have a split in my driver's side seat that I want to get fixed but I don't know where to take it to get it done. Thanks for the input!

Metramm

Did it myself. It took about 12-15 hours. My first time doing upholstery. I think you could take it to a pro as well. The seat kit was about $780 shipped, front and back seats with custom inserts and contrasting stitching. It was actually fun. I'm near Chicago in Park Ridge, if you need help or info, let me know.

Awesome thanks for the advice. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I've been extremely busy and actually forgot about that question that I asked. What company did you purchase the leather from? I might take you up on your offer of needing help because I have never done upholstery before and have not a clue on what to do. Thanks again.

Metramm

• 2 weeks later...
The new interior looks great. Actually, your old stuff id in better shape than mine. Any interest in selling the old drivers seat bottom???

You can have it free. In fact I'll send both seat bottoms since they might interchange and the passenger is probably better shape. They were refinished with a brush-on dye and looked fine for about a year. The before pictures are their present condition. I'm guessing UPS ground would be $10-15, just pay shipping.

Yeah, I did mine too....Got new covers front and back off ebay for $650 and had a local shop install and build up the seats for $300...Total was $950 but man did it turn out like factory new seats.... Let me see if I got a picture to share...

Not the best picture but you get the idea...

post-13978-1192914723_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
The new interior looks great. Actually, your old stuff id in better shape than mine. Any interest in selling the old drivers seat bottom???

You can have it free. In fact I'll send both seat bottoms since they might interchange and the passenger is probably better shape. They were refinished with a brush-on dye and looked fine for about a year. The before pictures are their present condition. I'm guessing UPS ground would be $10-15, just pay shipping.

I'll take you up on that offer! shoot me an e-mail w/ your info and we can arrange everything.

Al