Half Second Delay When Punching Gas Pedal? Is That Normal?

Anyone with the IS250's experiencing a half second delay when one floors the gas pedal to the ground?? Is this feature supposed to be like this? Its kind of silly, since the whole idea of flooring the gas pedal is to accelerate INSTANTLY and not have that half second delay before it reponse??

Anyone with the IS250's experiencing a half second delay when one floors the gas pedal to the ground?? Is this feature supposed to be like this? Its kind of silly, since the whole idea of flooring the gas pedal is to accelerate INSTANTLY and not have that half second delay before it reponse??

ya i experience that same feeling, when u punch it, it takes a second and than starts to accelerate, i wonder if its like that with the 350 as well... try it in the semi manual... it seems more responsive to me a little..

Try mashing the gas pedal just a teenie tiny bit slower. Most any car will bog if you slam it to the floor under some conditions.

I experience the same thing in my 07 Infiniti G if I'm rolling at a very slow speed, like 5 mph, and then mash the pedal.

It causes a brief pause before the booster rockets kick in.

Like Bartkat says, there's ways around it.

If you slowly ( at least a little slower) put the pedal to the floor (not just a very quick mash) the car will not experience the pause.

It's hard to remember when you need a quick jolt of power, but once you get used to slowing your right foot a little bit, the problem will be gone.

The IS350 doesnt have it as bad as the 250, but isnt it just because of lexus' overdrive system? lexus vehicles are in 5th gear at 30 mph if you are cruising. when you floor it"" all the computer is doing is downshifting, causing a delay in acceleration.

The IS350 doesnt have it as bad as the 250, but isnt it just because of lexus' overdrive system? lexus vehicles are in 5th gear at 30 mph if you are cruising. when you floor it"" all the computer is doing is downshifting, causing a delay in acceleration.

Look at it this way: First the pedal moves, then the electronic throttle has to move, etc. You just can't suddenly shove that much more gas/air mixture into an engine in a milisecond. It might take a milisecond and a half. The engine has to get more air and the fuel pump has to pump more gas and the injectors have to cycle, and that's not all just instantaneous. It's actually a sequence of events that have to happen.