Empty Light At 15 Gallons

My empty light routinely comes on and the needle drops below the E mark yet when I go to refill I can only fit about 15.5 gallons until the pump clicks off.

Is this right? I thought the reserve tank was like 1.5 gallons, not nearly twice that amount.

Check your owners manual for the factory specs for what the tank will hold, and as to when the low fuel light comes on, the manual will give an approximation. Have you tried putting more fuel into the tank when the filler kicks off? My wife's ES will take more fuel after the pump kicks off. I can still get several litres ( here in Canada) in the tank after the pump stops. My Subaru, on the other hand is all done when it kicks off. If I try putting any more fuel in after the pump stops, it just ends up on the ground. Each car has its own quirks.

My empty light routinely comes on and the needle drops below the E mark yet when I go to refill I can only fit about 15.5 gallons until the pump clicks off.

Is this right? I thought the reserve tank was like 1.5 gallons, not nearly twice that amount.

My empty light comes on when my count down range display shows ~20 miles.

I then fill the tank it takes anywhere from 15 to 16.5 gallons to fill. Given that display is not the most accurate and that I have an 18.5 gallon tank, I would say that my 02 ES behaves similarly to your ES.

you're fine.

steviej

My empty light comes on when my count down range display shows ~20 miles.

I then fill the tank it takes anywhere from 15 to 16.5 gallons to fill. Given that display is not the most accurate and that I have an 18.5 gallon tank, I would say that my 02 ES behaves similarly to your ES.

you're fine.

steviej

Thanks folks...