'06 Gs430 Rear View Mirrors

Mine don't, but I thought they once did. I can't remember if they used to pan down, or if I'm getting it confused with my old Cadillac CTS. Can some of you GS guys let me know if your rear view mirrors pan down automatically when the car is placed in reverse? Thanks.

Mine don't, but I thought they once did. I can't remember if they used to pan down, or if I'm getting it confused with my old Cadillac CTS. Can some of you GS guys let me know if your rear view mirrors pan down automatically when the car is placed in reverse? Thanks.

The GS mirrors do not pan down when putting the car in reverse. hey if you got the nav tho, you got the backup camera and that is just as good.

mine do pan down and I have an '06 GS430

Are you sure about that??? I have an 06 GS 300 every possible option on it and they don't. Do they acutally move when the car is in reverse as well as in drive???

both of my "sideview" mirrors pan down in reverse. the center, inside "rearview" mirror does not.

That's weird. I could have sworn that my mirrors used to pan down in reverse so that you could see the street / curb / whatever while backing up - but now they don't. Maybe it's a setting or something that has somehow been changed. Probably one of those mystery dealer settings - although I don't know how it would've been changed inadvertently. Maybe I'll swing by the dealer and ask them.

Are you sure about that??? I have an 06 GS 300 every possible option on it and they don't. Do they acutally move when the car is in reverse as well as in drive???

yes, I am positive.

yes, I am positive.

Ok - I feel a little silly now that I know the issue. This is evidently a feature that Lexus believes you may or may not want. So, it can easily be turned on or off. On the rearview mirror adjust buttons, if you highlight either L or R (as if you were going to adjust either mirror) then they will pan down in reverse. If you highlight neither (i.e. neither mirror is selected, you're effectively "in the middle") then the pan down feature is disabled... Simple as that... Works fine now. Thanks for the input.

I have an 06 GS430 and the mirrors DO pan down in reverse. I'm not sure, but it may be an option.

On the other hand, my drivers side mirror will not move up or down with the adjustment controls. Only move left to right. I'm taking it in for repairs next week.

• 1 year later...